We believe that all children have a fundamental right to an excellent education.
Alpha Public Schools will ensure that all of our scholars develop the academic skills and leadership habits required to succeed in college and live with integrity.
Specials Teacher, Alpha Instructional Team
Are you a highly motivated and energetic individual ready for the chance to run your own elective class? Are you passionate about working with students and helping to change their educational trajectories? Are you a strong collaborator who is excited by the opportunity to support a team in executing their goals?
If so, Alpha’s Specials Teacher role may be just what you’re looking for. As a Specials Teacher, you will join the K-8 instructional team and be responsible for creating a classroom environment that develops in each student an awareness of the role of their Specials subject as a part of their education. The lessons you conduct will contribute to a classroom environment that encourages creative thinking with challenging projects. Alpha is fiercely entrepreneurial and our students, families, and teachers are focused on creating in our scholars self-reliant leaders who will achieve success in their school, college, and career. As a Specials Teacher, you will play a major role in this work.
What you’ll do…
- Embody the mission, vision and core beliefs of the school
- Design Specials classes for grades K-8 (ex: Technology, P.E., Music, Drama, etc.)
- Preference for those interested in teaching Technology or P.E. classes
- Teach and enforce school-wide systems, structures, and rules
- Execute all day-to-day teaching responsibilities; for example, for a Technology specials teacher, this might include the following activities:
- Teach skills, knowledge, and scientific attitudes through courses in technology education to students
- Develop lesson plans and supplementary materials
- Instruct students in the proper use, care, and safe handling of equipment
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment during class sessions
- Evaluate each student’s growth in knowledge and skills in the course being taught
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on student progress
- Supervise students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Support teachers and leaders in the execution of the academic program, including but not limited to:
- Running small group instructional push-ins and pullouts
- Conducting assessments
- Covering classes as needed
- Managing technology
- Assisting in the day-to-day operations of the school
You are good at…
- Relationships: You build strong relationships with scholars and adults alike, and you successfully strike a balance of nurturing and firm in your communication with scholars
- Growth: You exhibit a strong commitment not only to our students, but also to your own continuous professional development. You possess the ability to implement feedback quickly
- Collaboration: You are especially team-oriented and are able to implement school-wide systems effectively and consistently
- Organization: You are self-motivated and reliable, with the ability to plan and execute on tasks
You really set yourself apart by being…
- A dynamic communicator who can tell stories, convey data, and inspire action to a diverse range of audiences using a variety of media and techniques
- Genuine, humble, and passionate
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com