We believe that all children have a fundamental right to an excellent education.
Alpha Public Schools will ensure that all of our scholars develop the academic skills and leadership habits required to succeed in college and live with integrity.
Founding Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten Teacher, Alpha Instructional Team
Are you a highly motivated and energetic individual ready for the chance to run your own class? Are you passionate about working with students and helping to change their educational trajectories? Are you a strong collaborator who is excited by the opportunity to support a team in executing their goals?
If so, a position as a Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten Teacher at Alpha may be the role you’re looking for. As a TK/K Teacher, you will be responsible for creating a classroom environment with high expectations for all students. As a TK/K Teacher, you will play a major role in this work. We are looking for enthusiastic TK/K teachers to foster and facilitate the intellectual and social development of our scholars. Teaching kindergarten includes planning, implementing and assessing lessons. TK/K teachers approach instruction with patience and creativity; developing a developmental teaching plan, using activities and instructional methods that will motivate children. Alpha is fiercely entrepreneurial and our students, families, and teachers are focused on creating in our scholars self-reliant leaders who will achieve success in their school, college, and career.
What you’ll do…
- Embody the mission, vision and core beliefs of the school
- Teach and enforce school-wide systems, structures, and rules
- Execute all day-to-day teaching responsibilities:
- Develop lesson plans and supplementary materials
- Teach alphabet and numeracy along with personal, social and emotional skills
- Organize learning materials and resources
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities, etc) to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities and interests
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and staff to provide appropriate information
- Assess students performance and progress to ensure they are mastering developmental skills regularly
- Instruct students in the proper use, care, and safe handling of equipment
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment during class sessions
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Instruction & Delivery
- Reflect regularly on teaching practice and act on constructive feedback
- Engage in collaborative curriculum development, data analysis, and problem solving
You are good at…
- Relationships: You build strong relationships with scholars and adults alike, and you successfully strike a balance of nurturing and firm in your communication with scholars
- Growth: You exhibit a strong commitment not only to our students, but also to your own continuous professional development. You possess the ability to implement feedback quickly
- Collaboration: You are especially team-oriented and are able to implement school-wide systems effectively and consistently
- Organization: You are self-motivated and reliable, with the ability to plan and execute on tasks
You really set yourself apart by being…
- Proven working experience as a transitional kindergarten/kindergarten teacher, kindergarten assistant or teacher aide (California Teaching Certification required)
- Excellent knowledge of child development and educational practices
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities
- Teaching and organization skills
- Patience and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org