AlphaBeta Australia is a leading strategy consultancy with offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra. It is part of Accenture Strategy.
We specialise in combining strategy consulting, data science and economics expertise to solve issues that matter – issues like the future of work, social services, economic recovery and climate change. Our projects help reshape industries, government policies and public thinking, and we’re seeking talented and driven problem-solvers to help us grow.
For more information about the firm, please visit www.alphabeta.com.
AlphaBeta’s Consultants lead key portions our projects and have direct contact with senior clients. They are responsible for identifying issues, forming practical hypotheses, planning and conducting interviews, undertaking data analysis, developing conclusions into recommendations and helping to implement change.
As a consultant, you will work in close-knit teams with managers and senior managers who will help build your core consulting skills. Our firm is committed to your professional development and to building your core competencies in:
- Problem solving: Developing high impact solutions for clients
- Knowledge development: Providing deep and relevant insights into economic and public policy issues for clients
- Client leadership: Building enduring, trust-based relationships with clients
- Entrepreneurship: Looking for new opportunities for client impact
- People leadership: Strong teamwork and inspiring others
- Values leadership: Demonstrating strong ethics and partnerships
AlphaBeta looks for candidates who are intellectually curious and have an outstanding track record. This role would be ideal for candidates who want to work on the most interesting challenges in the private and public sectors.
What we look for
- Several years’ experience working within a management consulting or public policy environment
- Experience in data analysis and applied quantitative work (including knowledge of Python, R and/or other programming languages)
- Knowledge and experience in public policy, and a genuine interest in this field
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively autonomously and within a team-based environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong time management and project management discipline
- Solid client or stakeholder management
- A relevant degree and/or MBA, Masters or PhD would also be advantageous.
The application process comprises your initial application and a formal interview process involving case studies.
- Your initial application should include:
- 1 page covering letter addressing your interest in the firm and responses to the essential skills
- Short resume (maximum of 2 pages)
- University transcripts from all degrees
- Successful candidates will be asked to complete a timed written case study via email, which will take 1 hour to complete
- First-round interviews will involve two 1-hour interviews with Consultants or Managers, which will include a discussion of your experience and motivations, as well as a case study and a chance for you to ask us questions
- Final-round interviews will follow a similar format, but you will meet with Senior Managers or Managing Directors