WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are so inspired by the people we surround ourselves with and we aspire to have the same be true for them. That’s why we work to make the Alo culture authentic to a yoga lifestyle —Our office is located in the heart of Beverly Hills in close proximity to shops and restaurants. Our building was designed by world-renown architect I.M. Pei — there’s plenty of natural light, open space with a co-working vibe, an in-building gym, calming yoga and meditation studio and an indoor tree spanning 3 floors.
Alo is looking for a Creative Design & Graphic Assistant who is passionate, detail oriented, a self-starter, and a forward-thinker. It's important that this person thrives in a fast-paced environment and can multi-task. A positive attitude is key!
- Support the Creative Director and VP of Design on daily tasks in the design process, this includes, but not limited to the following:
- Ability to build graphics for mood-boards and presentations
- Creating fonts, layouts, etc.
- Ideation – deep dive research online and in-person market research
- Sketch – create and update CADs in development process
- Development – assist in launching, developing, and tracking trim, fabric, prints and styles
- PLM/BOM – complete PLM/BOMs with accuracy
- Fittings – attend fitting and take detailed notes to ensure fit, construction, and materials accuracy in each stage of prototype
- Document and take detailed notes in cross functional weekly meetings and Milestone meetings
- Organize and track inspiration samples, vendor samples, and development samples
- Set up vendor appointments as needed
- Create and organize fabric and trim binders seasonally
- Assist weekly prototype reviews by gathering and prepping samples
- Assist in creating seasonal concept boards for presentations/ milestone meetings
- Adhere to design calendar deadlines and timelines, ensure all tasks are completely in a timely manner
- Be knowledgeable with all styles to continuously scrub through product.
- Travel could result in extended workdays.
- Driving capabilities, a plus for samples, inspiration, various projects that require all hands-on deck
- Support with styling & organizing of samples
- Collaborate cross-functionally with assistants’ company wide
- Check in w/ Design Operations Manager to for any support needed
- Support VP of Design on daily tasks that include: Shipping, ordering lunch if needed, help print out documents, create layouts with VP’s inspiration, build assets for special projects
- BA degree in Fashion Design or Industrial Design preferred
- 0-2 years of industry experience in fashion design
- Must be proficient in Adobe suites: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Proficient in CAD skills
- Knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word
The Base Salary Range for this position is $65,000K-70,000K per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the Company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.