WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are so inspired by the people we surround ourselves with and we aspire to have the same be true for them. That’s why we work to make the Alo culture authentic to a yoga lifestyle —Our office is located in the heart of Beverly Hills in close proximity to shops and restaurants. Our building was designed by world-renown architect I.M. Pei — there’s plenty of natural light, open space with a co-working vibe, an in-building gym, calming yoga and meditation studio and an indoor tree spanning 3 floors.
The Sourcing Team is looking for a creative, and inspired leader to join the Alo family. As a Sourcing Specialist, the candidate’s responsibility leads their respective product & suppliers from seasonal strategies through to completed production ensuring they are sourced with integrity, intention and aligned with our brand vision and values.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of apparel manufacturing in the sport apparel industry and technical knowledge of fabric & garment construction. The individual will work closely and collaboratively with Merchandising, Design, Color, R&D, PD, Tech and Quality team to deliver beautiful and innovative product. They will report to the Global Sourcing Manager.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to Develop seasonal sourcing strategies to deliver product that meets or exceeds our expectations.
- Understand supplier capabilities and allocate product to appropriate supplier.
- Allocations also need to align with capacity in order to deliver on time and in full.
- Communicate Alo forecast by style as described in the apparel process & negotiate capacity & delivery dates as needed.
- Responsible for PO Management included issuance, ongoing updates & seasonally closing. Data Heavy!
- Seasonal WIP Management inclusive of RM and Product from the Product Manufacturer.
- Reporting as required
- Present recommendations to improve, course correct and capitalize on sourcing strategy
- Product Costing: Analyze and negotiate costing, recognized opportunities, negotiate volume discounts aligned with forecasts from merchandise and or planning teamwork with sourcing on capacity planning & forecasting.
- Deliver on critical KPI’s such as IMU and OTP.
- Leverage all IT system capabilities in order to have one source of the truth, right first-time data and full transparency to facilitate reporting and speed to market.
- Accountable for timely adherence
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must have 1+ years of experience in the apparel industry, ideally in athletic apparel
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with appropriate sense of urgency
- Commitment and superior attention to detail • Be a creative problem solver and use that learning to affect future change
- Ability to work in a team environment, build trust and relationships with vendor & company staff
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work environment
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Proficiency with PLM and Adobe Suite- Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
JUST SOME OF THE PERKS
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga, and free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents
- 401K with company matching
- Free treats, all day, every day! Stay fueled with complimentary cold brew, kombucha, and healthy snacks.
- Daily yoga classes at HQ taught by some of the best yogis in the world in addition to an onsite gym equipped with best-in-class equipment
- Free yoga classes at any of our Sanctuaries
- Dog friends welcome at HQ!
I confirm that I have read and understood the Notice For Job Applicants, and by submission of my application I consent to and acknowledge the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in the manner as set out in the Notice.