WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are so inspired by the people we surround ourselves with and we aspire to have the same be true for them. That’s why we work to make the Alo culture authentic to a yoga lifestyle —Our office is located in the heart of Beverly Hills in close proximity to shops and restaurants. Our building was designed by world-renown architect I.M. Pei — there’s plenty of natural light, open space with a co-working vibe, an in-building gym, calming yoga and meditation studio and an indoor tree spanning 3 floors.
Alo Yoga is growing and expanding their reach across various beauty and wellness categories. We are hyper focused on delivering unique products that offer a state-of-the-art experience. We are looking for someone to drive the launch of these new products through exceptional organization skills, strong verbal and oral communication, diligent follow up and attention to detail. As the Project Manager, Beauty, you will work cross functionally with the Innovation and Sales teams along with external partners to develop and deliver extraordinary product for our customers. In the past, this focus on the product has led to development delays. We are looking to tighten up the process and maintain a delivery cadence on the long list of new products. While there are product development activities in the job scope, we really view this role as a project manager who will keep all parties on schedule and aligned.
- Replenishment of existing product
- Full size, minis and sachets as applicable
- We will have different versions for various markets
- Work with Planning to get quarterly replenishment buys
- Manage inventory of fill, ingredients and components to ensure timely fulfillment
- Ensure proper labeling/packaging for all on hand inventory
- Partner cross functionally to develop new product
- Work with Innovation, Sales and applicable vendors/contractors to develop new product
- Categories include (but are not limited to) beauty, wellness, essential oils, home
- Manage development timelines (WIP) to ensure projects stay on calendar and delivery on time for launch
- Partner with Creative on design, development and execution of all packaging for these new items (i.e., bottles, jars, boxes, brochures, gift sets, etc). This role will connect Creative, the Graphic Artist and the vendor to ensure all items are properly reviewed and signed off on before going into production
- Gather comp data on like items in the market to help Sales & Innovation team confirm retail pricing
- New development could also include existing product packaged in a new way (i.e., Holiday sets and GWP)
- Gather samples for photo shoots, press previews and events
- Partner with Creative and Marketing for new product launch roll out
- Work with Copywriter on ensure copy branding, romance copy and marketing copy are complete by deadline
- Monitor and execute to deadlines for retail as well as wholesale roll outs
- Work with Legal and TransPerfect (translation, regulatory & compliance service) on labeling requirements for new markets
- Ensure graphic artists receive applicable information in order to make necessary updates (this role will not be responsible for proof-reading or confirming accuracy of labels; this role will be responsible for ensuring the correct people review and sign off on all packaging)
- Sourcing function
- Set up new vendors with A/P – gather necessary forms and forward to A/P
- Set up new items in PLM/FDM4 so purchase orders can be issued
- Issue purchase orders
- Manage costing of all items – gather costing, review and get CEO’s sign off on margins; maintain costing file/record keeping
- Confirm hand over/on time shipment for launch dates
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years minimum of project management or product development experience
- Relevant experience in the beauty or wellness space is a plus
- Costing experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience using Asana, JIRA, Monday or other productivity tools is a plus
- Strong communication required – verbal and written
- Strong time management skills a must
- Experience supporting product lines from concept through delivery
JUST SOME OF THE PERKS
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga, and free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents
- 401K with company matching
- Free treats, all day, every day! Stay fueled with complimentary cold brew, kombucha, and healthy snacks.
- Daily yoga classes at HQ taught by some of the best yogis in the world in addition to an onsite gym equipped with best-in-class equipment
- Free yoga classes at any of our Sanctuaries
- Dog friends welcome at HQ!
I confirm that I have read and understood the Notice For Job Applicants, and by submission of my application I consent to and acknowledge the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in the manner as set out in the Notice.