WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are so inspired by the people we surround ourselves with and we aspire to have the same be true for them. That’s why we work to make the Alo culture authentic to a yoga lifestyle —Our office is located in the heart of Beverly Hills in close proximity to shops and restaurants. Our building was designed by world-renown architect I.M. Pei — there’s plenty of natural light, open space with a co-working vibe, an in-building gym, calming yoga and meditation studio and an indoor tree spanning 3 floors.
We’re seeking a talented, innovative, and PROVEN Senior Designer and creative leader who is passionate about fitness and wants to employ their skills and experience to empower people to live healthier, happier, and more fulfilled lives. This individual should be skilled at all aspects of design, with deep expertise in developing brand identity & systems, along with digital and social marketing.
This role will entail communicating effectively with copywriters, video editors, brand, digital, and marketing managers. This person should be able to think beyond a single channel execution, identify new opportunities and execute on complex design and communication strategies, and lead customer-centric journey orchestration. Be prepared to develop concepts and ideas from the ground up, pitch ideas to leadership, and create compelling, relevant, and meaningful work. Must excel at developing WOW! creative concepts and thrive in a high-speed, self-starter environment. Perfect position for someone wanting to advance their design career.
- Concept, develop and build a wide variety of creative assets [in-app, web, CRM, paid social (Instagram, Google, YouTube) etc.] to support product, marketing, and business objectives.
- Perform quality control on all design, ensuring the creative aligns with our brand guidelines
- Develop new ways to communicate brand stories on our digital comms
- Develop brand identity and logo treatments for new fitness series and programs.
- Edit a variety of video footage and static imagery, animate motion graphics, source royalty-free music to create paid media assets.
- Conduct customer research, strategize based on insights, and test ideas
- Communicate the strategy, insight, or rationale for all visual creative work to internal teams
- Outstanding visual design skills, integrating both innovative and practical solutions
- Keep up to date with visual design trends and further your knowledge in the responsibilities you are given
- Understand limitations with web or coding and find smart solutions to work around them or use those limitations to your advantage
- Aligning with other channels’ creatives to ensure consistent messaging but tailored specifically to our platforms
- Have a detailed understanding of title/action-safe guidelines for all digital platforms
- Give direction for photo and video shoots to get the deliverables needed for each platform
- Strategically think about business problems and create visually compelling content that effectively communicates the message
- Work closely with digital marketing team to develop a deep understanding of consumer’s mindsets, attitudes, & behaviors to inform strong creative development
- Contribute to new digital-first customer experiences across omni-channel executions and compelling user journeys
- Guide the visual tone and direction of channel executions and templates to build concepts and bring them to life
- Collaborate and conceptualize with multidisciplinary team including copywriters, brand strategists, marketing managers, and creative directors to build and maintain visual brand excellence for a wide range of design needs
- 7+ years of experience working as a Designer/Art Director/Digital Designer at an agency or brand
- BA in Graphic Design or related degree/education
- Mastery of Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop)
- Ability to translate business goals into innovative, meaningful, and differentiated digital, interactive, social and viral brand experiences.
- Experience with direct response, branded response, and habit-forming campaigns a must.
- A solid understanding of design principles including layout, typography, and color theory.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates a passion for great design and shows stylistic breath, attention to detail, and usability.
- Ability to communicate well with team members and articulate rationale for design decisions.
- Ability to manage many projects at once and meet deadlines.
- A pulse on what is relevant in culture, design and technology and can push for and help set trends.
- A self-starter attitude with an excitement to work in a fast-paced, low-ego environment.
- Proficiency in HTML, HTML5 and CSS with a strong emphasis toward responsive and multiple device design and development
- Experience with Wordpress highly preferred.
- Familiarity with animation and prototyping tools such as After Effects, Sketch, Figma, Principle, or similar
- Experience with 3rd party tools such as Unbounce, Optimizely, Iterable preferred.
JUST SOME OF THE PERKS
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga, and free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents
- 401K with company matching
- Free treats, all day, every day! Stay fueled with complimentary cold brew, kombucha, and healthy snacks.
- Daily yoga classes at HQ taught by some of the best yogis in the world in addition to an onsite gym equipped with best-in-class equipment
- Free yoga classes at any of our Sanctuaries
- Dog friends welcome at HQ!
I confirm that I have read and understood the Notice For Job Applicants, and by submission of my application I consent to and acknowledge the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in the manner as set out in the Notice.