Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential.
Through our own experiences, we’ve seen professionals at digital businesses waste too much time trying to find answers they can trust that help them do their jobs better.
To make opportunity available to everyone, we’re building a knowledge platform that technology professionals can trust for documenting, distributing, and collaborating on how they work. We replace tools like Confluence and Google Docs to help individuals quickly access knowledge within and across companies that they can trust deeply.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product, raised a $3M+ seed round from leading Silicon Valley investors, and grown our full-time team to 15 people, and have significant customer traction among top-tier technology companies.
About the role
Almanac is looking for an experienced, ambitious, innovative marketing leader to develop our marketing strategy, lead our growth and brand operations, and directly implement key strategic marketing initiatives.
We are searching for a hands-on marketer who can balance a customer mindset with business acumen, a leader who can guide people through complex marketing plans while monitoring ROI over time. This is a wear-many-hats and get-your-hands-dirty opportunity, perfect for a candidate who loves working in fast-paced, close-knit, startup environments.
At its core, Almanac has a base layer of non-proprietary technical knowledge sourced from thousands of experts in their fields. The Almanac Core represents a tremendous content marketing opportunity for viral acquisition through organic channels. We will count on you to create and execute the marketing roadmap that will most effectively capitalize on our unique brand opportunity.
You will generally be responsible for:
- Marketing Roadmap. Own product positioning, messaging, and the overall go-to-market strategy that drives demand, adoption, and engagement of Almanac.
- Analytics. Take a data driven approach to marketing campaigns and be able to combine process-oriented thinking with creative ideation and strategy development.
- Growth. Develop a demand generation playbook that brings new customers through the purchase funnel, from lead to nurturing to conversion and ultimately retention.
- Brand. Build the Almanac brand and drive visibility across all marketing channels, distilling Almanac’s key functionality and benefits into core marketing messages.
- Customer Advocacy. Uncover customer perceptions through market data and consumer research, driving product roadmap and sales strategy.
- Channel Optimization. Understand the acquisition cost and resulting LTV by channel and create marketing strategies that maximize our investments.
- Sales Enablement. Work closely with Sales to develop the right mix of Inbound Marketing and Account-Based Marketing to drive a unified go-to-market strategy.
- Team Leadership. Build and lead a team of marketing specialist, and maintain budget with a keen eye on fiscal responsibility that deliver returns against LTV.
Marketing experiences and strengths that will make you stand out:
- 5+ years growth marketing experience delivering highly successful user acquisition and engagement strategies, with a focus on B2B2C marketing
- Experience directly running successful paid acquisition, SEO, referrals, and content marketing programs
- Deep understanding of marketing analytics, campaign tracking, and test optimization to build compelling stories with data and iterate towards results
- Ability to develop, execute, and communicate a long-term strategic vision, while also balancing immediate priorities and opportunities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills to create effective messaging and tell compelling stories about our platform to any audience
- Proven success leading marketing in both startup and established company environments
- Possess an entrepreneurial and founder mindset, ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change and to be flexible/resilient
- BA/BS degree; MBA is a plus
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- A born executor, with hunger to rapidly grow a world-changing product, who can balance speed, scope, and quality
- Natural orientation towards using data and analytics to unearth opportunities to scale what’s working and improve what’s not
- Unceasing fountain of creative ideas around ways to grow that span the product, marketing, and operational realms
- Relentless obsession with hitting and exceeding the goals you set for yourself
- A deep systems orientation—you believe that building, managing, and improving processes is the best way to achieve results
- Desire to work in a flat, collaborative culture where we win and lose as a team
- Comfort with, and joy in, the ambiguity of early stage products (bonus points if you’ve started, or have considered starting, your own company)
About working at Almanac
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery