Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential. We do this with a new kind of document editor that saves you time and helps you do your best work. We’ve built:
- A user-created library of templated docs, so you never have to start from scratch
- Workspaces that bring your team together in a single home for your work
- Powerful search that gets you to the right doc, every time
- Linked document versions, so you can merge or update multiple docs in one tap
- Approvals to keep your team aligned and on track through complex workflows
We've seen professionals waste too much time managing information across disorganized documents instead of doing meaningful work. We believe this problem isn’t rooted in a lack of knowledge in the world, but in the deficiencies of tools we rely on to access, share, and improve how work gets done.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Almanac is now used by over 4000 teams and sees over 50,000 visitors per month to its public Core of knowledge. We’ve raised a $8M+ from leading Silicon Valley investors with a lean (not mean) team of 10 people.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a full-time Head of Design to lead the development of a product that will help people work better and faster.
About the Role
As our Head of Design you will be responsible for realizing Almanac’s design-oriented value proposition. We’re looking for a passionate, seasoned designer who wants to make a big impact.
You will drive the design of our ambitious roadmap, perfecting our core features while testing new ideas and expanding customer functionality. You’ll play a critical role in creating our brand voice and standards and supervising the production of marketing assets, like our website and customer communications. And you’ll help us build out a top-tier design team that becomes our secret weapon and the envy of our competitors.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the design of Almanac’s core product
- Hire and develop design managers and leads to meet our business demands and employee development needs
- Contribute to our company’s strategy, and set the monthly objectives and results for the design team
- Work with Almanac’s leadership to determine our design direction
- Collaborate with our product development and engineering teams to produce stunning, effective product interfaces and interactions
Design experiences that will make you stand out:
- Products with a lot of information density or data complexity
- Team-based collaboration features or experiences
- Enterprise technology companies that have consumer-oriented value propositions and experiences
- Subscription-based business models
- Starting and growing healthy, high-performing teams
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- An uncompromising obsession with high-quality work
- An ability to think for yourself
- Willingness to be both an effective individual contributor and inspiring manager
- Versatility across product and brand design
- A love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the work better
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Hunger to build a world-changing product
Working at Almanac
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery