Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 19,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Payer Relationship Manager
As a Payer Relationship Manager, you will lead Alma’s partnerships with health insurance companies. This role involves cultivating and nurturing strong relationships with our payer accounts, working cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Data, and Operations to ensure payer needs are met, and acting as a bridge between our services and their mission to improve access to high-value behavioral health.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned payer accounts, building and maintaining strong relationships, and acting as a trusted partner.
- Understand the unique needs and goals of each payer, aligning our solutions to their objectives, and fostering a collaborative partnership.
- Engage proactively with payers to provide timely support, address inquiries, and ensure seamless communication to enhance overall satisfaction.
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure successful onboarding, implementation, and ongoing support of our payer partners.
- Identify potential issues and proactively address concerns, finding effective and efficient solutions to maintain positive payer experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify strategic partnership and expansion opportunities within existing payer relationships, contributing to overall company growth.
Who you are:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, capable of building rapport and fostering meaningful connections with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven 3-4 year track record in account management within the healthcare, insurance, or technology sectors.
- A creative thinker with strong analytical skills, adept at identifying challenges and implementing strategic solutions.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams, driving collective success and contributing to a positive work environment.
- Thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, remains flexible in the face of change, and demonstrates resilience when navigating challenges.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $116,000 - $134,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.