Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 8,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Analytics Engineer III
Alma is seeking a mission-oriented Analytics Engineer III to join our team. This person will work to build out and maintain Alma’s information systems that collect, manage and convert raw data into business metrics for use by analysts and stakeholders across the company. This person will play an integral role in making data accessible to the organization so it can evaluate and operate effectively and successfully.
What you’ll do:
- Build models and queries to transform data into useful and actionable business metrics.
- Maintain and develop Alma’s data pipeline architecture using third-party tools like Stitch and Singer.
- Manage the company-wide business intelligence tool.
- Identify and address data quality and reliability issues.
- Work with stakeholders to facilitate the intake of raw datasets from internal and external data stores.
- Ensure compliance through data governance and policies.
- Work with the data team and cross-team stakeholders to evaluate the priorities and needs of the company.
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a data engineer, analytics engineer, or data analyst.
- You have experience working with relational databases and authoring queries in SQL.
- You have a strong understanding of data warehousing and business intelligence tools. Our stack is dbt + Redshift + Looker. Prior experience in any of these is helpful, but not required.
- You enjoy exploring data sets and have technical expertise in data transformation and data modeling.
- You feel a passion for Alma's mission – to improve the experience of therapy for providers and their clients and simplify access to care.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Aetna (medical, dental, and vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and Traditional)
- Free access to One Medical, Teladoc, and Health Advocate
- Monthly therapy, wellness, and ClassPass fitness stipends
- Co-working space membership access
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, and more
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $140,000-$160,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.