Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 8,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Senior Data Analyst
Alma is seeking a mission-oriented Senior Data Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will partner with the Product Team to use data, building models and applying statistical knowledge, to produce insights and recommendations on crucial business functions, the product strategy, and product success metrics. This person will relish the opportunity to provide solutions and answers to our team's questions.
The ideal candidate can recognize that successful analysis requires communication, curiosity, and a drive to always dig deeper. You’ll be highly cross-functional, collaborating across teams to deliver innovative work. Through strategy and insights, you’ll be instrumental in Alma’s ability to grow and serve more providers to make it easy to find high-quality, affordable mental health care.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Product Managers to assess our product and identify the most time sensitive data centric questions.
- Conduct analyses, exploring Alma’s data using statistical methods and modeling techniques, to uncover the drivers of patient engagement and provider retention, and produce actionable recommendations.
- Explore structured datasets and transform unstructured datasets to uncover meaningful patterns and insights that support our product discovery.
- Build insightful dashboards necessary to track key product metrics.
- Guide experimentation, helping product and engineering teams to set strong hypotheses, and deliver an insightful analysis of results; You will ideate and design A/B tests to evaluate product opportunities.
- Effectively present findings and recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders and influence strategic outcomes.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of data science/analytics experience.
- You have complete fluency in SQL.
- You have proficiency in a statistical programming language (e.g., R or Python) and can apply and explain statistical concepts.
- You have experience working with BI tools (e.g., Looker or Metabase)
- You have experience working within a product organization.
- You have a passion for navigating ambiguous problem areas
- You are comfortable collaborating with team members at all levels of an organization and across functions.
- You can present information comfortably and articulately and translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- You are a strong project manager who can keep track of multiple ongoing conversations and relationships and document them meticulously.
- You have a high level of empathy for our providers and their clients.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $140,000-$160,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.