At Alma, we’re making it easier for people to access high quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our product experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. Alma has raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, and First Round Capital, and was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
Director, Brand Marketing
We’re looking for a Director of Brand Marketing to scale the Alma brand by developing engaging, culture-shifting brand campaigns, content, and experiences that drive awareness of Alma among providers and consumers alike. This person will be responsible for setting the strategy and leading the team that owns growing brand love and advocacy through social media, content, integrated campaigns, PR, and partnerships, and will partner closely with the VP of Brand & Marketing to refresh and refine the overall brand strategy for scale.
The ideal candidate is a compelling storyteller, an inspirational leader, and a data-driven marketer, equally comfortable leveraging data and insights to drive decision-making as they are delivering creative feedback. This role reports to the VP of Brand & Marketing and will manage a small team with headcount to grow.
What you'll do:
- Lead brand marketing, content, social media, PR, and creative – empowering and growing a dynamic team to drive brand awareness, love, and advocacy
- Partner closely with the VP Brand & Marketing to revisit and refine our brand strategy & positioning, messaging, and visual identity at this pivotal moment of company growth
- Direct the ongoing development of Alma’s brand POV and lead strategic brand programs from inception to launch
- Own creative strategy across channels, ensuring Alma’s brand comes across in everything we do
- Lead PR & comms planning to establish and maintain our position as a category leader in the mental health space and to keep Alma top of mind
- Grow Alma’s content organization and social media presence, setting strategy for the brand to expand across channels for both a provider and consumer audience
- Own and optimize an integrated marketing calendar in close coordination with growth marketing, lifecycle marketing, product marketing, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Partner closely with the Director of Product Marketing on customer and market research, leveraging deep understanding of our audiences to create high impact messaging and creative strategies.
- Own all reporting, defining and delivering performance metrics and attribution methods to connect brand initiatives to business objectives
- Be a steward of the brand internally and externally, ensuring all channels and departments are working towards the same brand vision
Who you are:
- You have 6-8 years of experience in brand strategy and/or brand marketing
- You have 2+ years experience leading and managing a team (preferably including a creative team)
- You are a brand-first champion and creative who relentlessly pushes brand thinking and rallies a team around a common vision
- You have demonstrated experience building and scaling best-in-class brands
- You have a keen eye for detail and ability to think outside the box
- You have a proven track record of delivering against KPIs
- You’re analytically minded, with proven experience defining and delivering performance metrics for brand initiatives and gleaning actionable insights from data
- You’re a creative thinker, skilled prioritizer, and versatile communicator
- You’re entrepreneurial in spirit (start-up experience preferred)
- You’re passionate about Alma’s mission and the future of mental health