At Alma, we’re making it easier for consumers to access high-quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our consumer experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. We’ve raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Tusk, Primary, Optum Ventures, and First Round and were named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
Customer Experience Lead
As a Customer Experience Lead at Alma, you will manage our team of empathetic, creative problem solvers who support our customers. You’ll set the tone for how we approach each interaction and will provide direct support via email, phone (and in the future, chat). You’ll become an expert in all areas of the product and collaborate cross-functionally to iterate and improve our systems and processes. Our goal is to give providers time back to focus on what they do best — provide care— and this role is pivotal in achieving this worthwhile endeavor.
The ideal candidate is patient, meticulously organized, an excellent communicator, passionate about our mission, and loves people. This person must be able to work some weekends and holidays.
What you’ll do:
- Foster a culture and environment that is inclusive, supportive, and growth-oriented
- Manage Customer Experience Associates by providing direct, actionable feedback and support
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience by helping customers resolve inquiries and issues through email and phone calls, and serve as the first line of escalation for Level 1 CX Associates
- Be the voice of the customer, and work cross-functionally to improve the customer experience across all touchpoints
- Learn all of Alma’s systems, product lines, and brand so that you can efficiently work through day-to-day customer operations and embody the Alma brand
- Triage issues and support tickets that come in that require support from others across the team
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years working in a customer support role with at least 1-year managing or mentoring other CX associates (in a formal capacity)
- You are passionate about customer experience and eager to grow in a customer-focused role.
- You have cultural humility, can build relationships across differences, and have excellent interpersonal communication skills— you can write concise, warm emails and are comfortable getting on the phone
- You are highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Creative thinker and problem solver— you’re always exploring how to make something even better or work through issues that require on-the-fly prioritization
- You are comfortable with tech, often an early adopter, and have experience with Google Suite and CRM tools, experience with Zendesk a huge plus
- You have experience working at a startup, fast-paced work environment is a plus
- You have a deep passion for our mission and the future of mental health
- You are able to work some weekends and holidays