At Alma, we’re making it easier for consumers to access high-quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers. We believe that when therapists have better tools and resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. That’s why when a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools and resources that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. We’ve raised $12.5M from incredible investors like Tusk, Primary, and First Round and were named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
What is this position?
As the PR & Communications Manager, you will lead our efforts in championing the Alma brand to mainstream media, industry trade, and thought leaders in the health and mental health space to grow brand awareness and affinity. You will work closely with the VP of Brand and Marketing to develop Alma’s PR strategy, and you will own and drive execution fully in-house, working cross-functionally to surface and share brand, product, and business stories that establish Alma as a category leader in mental health. You will also support the Alma leadership team on internal team comms and external stakeholder comms. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, self-motivated strategic communicator who is passionate about the future of mental health care and the path to get there. This role reports to the VP of Brand and Marketing.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute on PR strategy to grow Alma’s brand awareness with media and key audiences and establish the company as a category leader
- Understand key business priorities and metrics in order to identify storytelling opportunities that will move the business forward
- Monitor and analyze developments in industry news coverage
- Liaise and build relationships (and support our CEO in building relationships) with key media contacts to secure key media placements
- Partner with the VP of Brand & Marketing to further inform the brand identity and overarching company narrative, and support on brand marketing initiatives with the potential to drive earned media and awareness (e.g. brand and content partnerships, influencer collaborations, etc.)
- Partner with the VP of Brand & Marketing to create communications materials and messaging documents that support all external communications
- Support cross-functionally on internal communications and help steer Alma through big company moments (market expansions, partnership announcements, etc.), keeping our team and our stakeholders informed and aligned
- Lead development of Alma’s leadership team as spokespeople and seek or evaluate all media opportunities, press appearances, speaking engagements, etc.
You are / have:
- 5+ years experience in PR and Communications in-house or at an agency
- Demonstrated ability to generate coverage
- Self-starter with strong initiative, ownership and accountability for the brand
- Startup experience, or experience working with startups, ideally in a health-tech environment
- Passion for creative storytelling and understands how to create thoughtful and creative narratives and communications plans to reach targeted audiences
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships, collaborate with, and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Existing relationships with reporters in the business, tech and/or healthcare community
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and an entrepreneurial spirit – the opportunity to build a function from the ground up deeply excites you
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker; ruthless prioritizer; relentless attention to detail
- Passion for Alma’s mission and the future of mental health