At Alma, we’re making it easier for consumers to access high-quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers. We believe that when therapists have better tools and resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. That’s why when a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools and resources that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. We’ve raised $12.5M from incredible investors like Tusk, Primary, and First Round and were named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
Head of Payer Strategy and Business Development
What is this position?
We are looking for a mission-driven, experienced, and highly passionate team member to build innovative relationships with payor and employer partners. This role will be responsible for using its extensive payor network and experience to source new relationships and implement innovative solutions with payor partners that improve access to mental health services. The ideal candidate is someone with deep industry experience who is seeking an opportunity to apply that knowledge in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
This role will report directly to our CEO.
- Develop and build strong relationships with existing and new payor partners.
- Participate in developing innovative payor and business model strategies that enhance access to affordable, high quality mental healthcare.
- Leverage your network to source and lead business development processes with payors, benefit consultants, and large employers.
- Actively participate in negotiations and contracting in partnership with our CEO and legal team.
- Partner closely with our Growth team to identify how our partnerships with payors can help scale Alma’s model and satisfy the growing need for better access.
- Partner closely with our Product and Marketing team to identify and execute on partnership opportunities with payor and employer partners that can drive business objectives.
Winning-factors: Must have qualifications
- 5+ years working with or at a national payor or regional Blue.
- Deep expertise in the payor landscape, payor business models, contracting and operating within payor organizations.
- Able to call upon an extensive network within the payor space to source and execute on partnerships.
- Passionate about expanding access to mental healthcare.
- A seasoned relationship manager who can navigate highly complex organizations and effectively get things done.
- A creative and versatile problem solver. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none.
What leads to success?
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of management to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Must be independent and proactive
- Strong administrative and organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills