At Alma, we're working to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We believe that when providers have the support they need, mental health care gets better for everyone. We're making it easier for consumers to find a provider who meets their needs and empowering providers with a dynamic network of their peers, marketing and insurance support, and easy-to-use technology, plus beautifully designed and flexible office space if and when they need it. Founded in 2018, Alma has raised $12.5M from investors like Tusk, Primary, and First Round, and has been featured in Fast Company, CNN, Quartz, and more.
What is this position?
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join and manage a growing group of high performing product engineers at Alma. Joining an early-stage startup will mean you will have a strong hand in defining Alma’s product and it’s strategy.
- Grow and develop an incredible team of hardworking and motivated engineers who have high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and company scaling challenges via thoughtful long-term planning.
- Partner with product managers, designers and other stakeholders to ensure your team is prioritizing and delivering value to Alma members.
- Engage in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring, and on-boarding engineering talent to help grow the team.
- Engage with Product/Engineering Team to help craft technical and product strategy.
Winning-factors/Must Have Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of engineering experience, with 3+ years of combined tech leadership and people management.
- Previously led and/or managed a team of 3 or more engineers.
- Experience mentoring individual contributors of different seniority levels and expertise.
- Experience and a willingness to jump into the code to understand, contribute and/or troubleshoot technical issues.
- A clear and engaging communication style with a track record of building positive relationships across a broad diverse organization.
- A demonstrable history of shipping user-facing products.
- A passion for Alma's mission – to improve the experience of therapy for providers and their clients, and simplify access to care.