At Alma, we believe in the power of therapy to change lives, communities, and the world we live in. We’re building a co-practicing community of top quality therapists, coaches, and wellness professionals, empowered to provide great care with access to beautifully-designed office spaces, best-in-class technology, and an engaged, collaborative community of their peers.
We are looking for a mission-driven, hard-working team member who is passionate about making mental health more affordable and is excited to work with both providers and their clients to ensure they have a seamless and positive experience with our insurance program. You will work closely with the Alma Operations team to execute on and manage day-to-day operations of Alma’s Insurance Program while also helping the team to think through opportunities to streamline workflows, improve provider/client experiences, and proactively identify operational risks that may come with scaling our business.
- Work closely with Alma’s community team to onboard and support providers taking insurance, and provide education to providers around Alma-specific insurance policies
- Walk providers through the credentialing process and assist them with all necessary applications
- Work with providers to check client eligibility and benefits, and communicate plan details to both the providers and their clients
- Invoice clients for their insurance visits and support the client experience by monitoring outstanding balances, communicating expectations to both the provider and client, and escalating risks to the operations team
- Coordinate with our billing team to ensure timely and accurate claims submissions, and work with payers on claims related issues
Winning-factors: Must have qualifications
- BS or BA degree from a 4-year institution
- 2+ years work experience. Ideal backgrounds may include an operations role at a startup or experience working in consulting or banking
- Highly organized and effective at getting things done
- Be a team player who is flexible and can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Excellent communication skills and a customer-centric attitude
- The ability to self-serve with a bias towards action and investigation to get the answers or data required you need
- Passionate about mental health and our mission at Alma
- Prior experience in healthcare, specifically mental health, is a plus, but not required
This is a full-time role.