Alma - Strategic Finance
Alma simplifies access to high quality, results-oriented therapists and coaches. Our mission is to make meaningful therapy and coaching experiences easily available in uplifting and supportive environments that celebrate self-growth. To do that, we bring together communities of independent providers and support them through shared access to beautifully-designed office space, best-in-class technology, and community events and training focused on delivering high-impact care for clients.
What is this position?
We are looking for a mission-driven, strategically-minded team member to lead financial planning and strategy at Alma. You will play a key strategic role in helping to set capital strategy for the business as well as financial planning and day-to-day operations. You will play an active role defining and monitoring key company KPIs and will participate actively in both traditional equity fundraising as well as alternative capital models.
- Long-term business planning, analysis and modeling of expansion opportunities, financials and competitive positioning, helping make key decisions around things like pricing strategy and plan designs
- Comprehensive quantitative and qualitative assessment of growth initiatives, including new locations, business lines, revenue models, partnerships, distribution channels
- Understanding and benchmarking of operational levers and KPIs, such as unit economics, customer lifetime value and customer acquisition costs
- Manage day-to-day financial operations including monthly closes, regular investor reporting on financial and key business metrics
- Development and execution of our capital strategy and capital structure solutions including equity, debt and other opportunities
Winning-factors: Must have qualifications
- BA/BS degree, MBA a plus but not required
- Strong finance skills - 4-8 years in a finance role, preferably private equity, investment banking, or as a key member of a startup finance team
- Previous experience participating in equity financing and debt financing
- Able to oversee financial operations including management of our bookkeeping and finance functions
- Experience interfacing with existing and prospective investors
- Prior experience in a startup environment not required, but a significant plus.
What leads to success?
- Highly analytical and focused on identifying actionable insights
- A passion for finance
- Be able to effectively manage multiple concurrent development projects
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and focus on details
- Strong modeling and organizational skills
- Strategic insights and creative thinking around capital strategy
- Key traits include: analytical, highly organized, detail-oriented, tenacious, strong communicator and manager