Alma - Office Operations
Alma simplifies access to high quality, results-oriented therapists and coaches. Our mission is to make meaningful therapy and coaching experiences easily available in uplifting and supportive environments that celebrate self-growth. To do that, we bring together communities of independent providers and support them through shared access to beautifully-designed office space, best-in-class technology, and community events and training focused on delivering high-impact care for clients.
What is this position?
We are looking for a mission-driven, passionate, highly organized team member to help us manage our office, team events and programming, and provide support to the CEO and executive team. This role will work closely with our CEO and be responsible for helping to assure Alma’s office is a great place to work. We are looking for someone with a “no job too small attitude” who is detail-oriented and able to work closely with the CEO through a range of administrative tasks across the business.
1) Daily office operations
- Be a culture advocate and work closely with our CEO to make our office environment a supportive place to work
- Manage our office - order all needed office supplies, meals, snack, manage all office vendors (cleaning, supplies, snacks etc), and welcome guests
- Coordinate ongoing company programming, outings, and celebration
2) Talent and recruiting
- Assist hiring managers in managing and posting all job descriptions
- Help hiring managers track talent pipeline and schedule interviews
- Onboard new employees to Alma
3) Assist CEO and leadership team
- Work on ad hoc projects across the business supporting our leadership team
- Help to schedule meetings, run office errands, and other projects to help Alma run efficiently
- Participate in and take notes during weekly leadership meetings
Winning-factors: Must have qualifications
- Bachelor degree preferred but not required
- 1-3 years work experience
- Strong computer skills including ability to work in G Suites
- Experience with Greenhouse helpful, but not required
What leads to success?
- Passionate about culture and people
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of management to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Maintain confidence and protect the company by keeping information confidential
- Must be independent and proactive
- Strong administrative and organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills