Real Estate and Expansion
We are looking for a real estate professional to lead all things real estate as we scale our footprint in New York City and beyond. You will be responsible for setting our real estate strategy and building a team to effectively execute on our expansion plans. You will be responsible for identifying future locations, overseeing lease negotiation, creating build-out budgets, and managing a team of designers, contractors, and other vendors throughout the build-out process. You will also have ongoing responsibilities to help us manage facilities at our existing spaces. As we evaluate growth opportunities, you will play a critical role setting real estate strategy and evaluating future market opportunities.
- Build a team of consultants and internal team members to efficiently execute Alma’s growth strategy over multiple geographies.
- Educate landlords and developers on Alma's unique value proposition and product offerings
- Work with brokers to identify the right neighborhoods (and cities) for future Alma locations, then find and negotiate terms on spaces that meet our needs
- Conduct due diligence on spaces to make sure they work for our use, then project manage our design and build-out process including working closely with our in-house design team and construction teams
Winning-factors: Must have qualifications
- 5+ years experience and background in real estate development, construction or construction design is a must have with contract values of +$2M USD.
- A passion for building beautiful spaces
- Be able to effectively manage multiple concurrent development projects and build high-functioning teams
- Be familiar with construction industry best practices, building and local codes.
- An understanding of commercial leasing is highly desirable
- Key traits include: highly organized, detail-oriented, tenacious, detail-oriented, strong communicator and manager