At Alma, we believe in the power of therapy to change lives, communities, and the world we live in. We’re building a co-practicing community of top quality therapists, coaches, and wellness professionals, empowered to provide great care with access to beautifully-designed office spaces, best-in-class technology, and an engaged, collaborative community of their peers.
We are looking for a Product Designer who has a passion for designing elegant and functional user interfaces to join the Product team at Alma. Joining an early stage startup means you will have a strong hand in defining Alma’s visual look and feel as well as the digital products feature set, workflows and user experience. The ideal person for this role loves to collaborate with other teams to design and build amazing digital experiences.
- Collaborate with Alma managers and engineers to conceptualize, document and design new product concepts.
- Perform user interviews with providers who are Alma members and clients who get care at Alma to gain empathy and better understand their needs.
- Design and define complex ideas into thoughtful and appropriate solutions by translating research insights into beautiful and engaging user interfaces.
- Produce engaging experiences using sketches, wireframes, storyboards and prototypes to collect feedback and iteratively import and support the design process.
- Translate wireframes and sketches into highly polished visual designs with an attention to UX while following (and defining) style and brand guidelines.
- Work with Alma engineering team to develop UI pattern toolkits.
- Help define Alma's early days branding and visualizations.
Skills / Qualifications
- A proven track record of user interface design across a number of products.
- A history of taking product prototypes from the idea stage to launch and beyond.
- Strong knowledge of UX best practices, including user research and accessibility across mobile and web technologies.
- You have a portfolio that shows previous work, user-centric approach and results.
- You're experienced in designing web-based features with a focus on user tools and workflows.
- You have a passion for usability, quality and an appreciation for details while still being able to explore broad concepts.