mmhmm is a video communication company helping people instantly produce live and recorded video presentations that are entertaining to watch and easy to make. Founded in 2020, we believe being better at video is a crucial skill for any successful modern business. As a fully distributed, global team ourselves, we’re on a mission to empower people who work on video (that is, nearly everyone) to create more sustainable and joyful ways to work, teach, and collaborate. Our growing team includes founding members of Evernote, and we’re backed by Softbank Vision Fund, Sequoia Capital and other leading investors. mmhmm is part of All Turtles, a mission-driven product studio building meaningful products people love.
mmhmm is looking for a Japanese/English bilingual Sales and Channel Manager to join our team, and reporting to the General Manager, Japan. As the first Sales & Channel Manager for mmhmm in Japan, you'll help define what success means with our strategic partners. This could include training partners on the product and on sales best practices, directing customer discovery calls, or educating organizations on best practices when using mmhmm, and we'll be relying on you to assess which approaches to pursue with which partners, and when. You’ll collaborate with distributors and resellers and guide early customers on how to implement mmhmm successfully, and inspire them to make better use of our product as it continues to evolve.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Deepening the relationship with our most important partners and customers in Japan, and helping our initial champions evangelize mmhmm within their respective organizations.
- Establishing measurable goals and KPIs for our strategic partners and customer accounts, and executing a plan to achieve them, including seat expansion, customer retention, CSAT, and case study participation.
- Evaluating new partnerships to expand industry and geographic coverage, broaden use cases and drive more revenue.
- Ensuring that feedback from our strategic partners and customers are effectively communicated internally, so that our internal teams (Community, Support, Marketing, Sales, Product) can support them in the best way possible.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Significant experience in sales and partner management at a fast-growing international SaaS company.
- At least a year of quota-carrying sales experience with a track record of over-performance.
- Native Japanese communications skills, with strong English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, the ability and the desire to find solutions and build processes where none previously exist.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, diverse, and highly collaborative team environment.
- Experience working on a fully distributed team, and communicating with colleagues in other (mostly US) time zones.
This role is a full-time position reporting to the General Manager of Japan & APAC. Since this position requires close collaboration with local Japanese partners, we are only considering applicants located in Japan. All employees receive a suite of additional benefits, including a monthly supplement for your workspace(s), parental leave and flexible time off.
All Turtles and mmhmm are committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply.