mmhmm is a video communication company helping people instantly produce live and recorded video presentations that are entertaining to watch and easy to make. Founded in 2020, we believe being better at video is a crucial skill for any successful modern business. As a fully distributed, global team ourselves, we’re on a mission to empower people who work on video (that is, nearly everyone) to create more sustainable and joyful ways to work, teach, and collaborate. Our growing team includes founding members of Evernote, and we’re backed by Softbank Vision Fund, Sequoia Capital and other leading investors. mmhmm is part of All Turtles, a mission-driven product studio building meaningful products people love.
The Marketing Operations Manager will be the primary person responsible for the planning, implementation, and management of mmhmm’s email and paid marketing initiatives. This role will be the center of a performance marketing engine that will be responsible for the acquisition of new users and their successful email onboarding and long-term retention experiences. As such, it will be the source of analysis and execution that drives the broadcast of mmhmm’s outbound message to the market.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Devising and executing a paid acquisition strategy and budget across Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter Ads, and other paid platforms.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with the design and marketing teams to develop and test new ad inventory.
- Analyzing the performance of existing campaigns and identifying and communicating opportunities for growth and cost-per-acquisition optimization over time, delivering ROI-positivity over time.
- Developing the strategy behind email communication with our users across their product lifecycle, working with the product team to flexibly make adjustments to the program as mmhmm evolves.
- Regular reporting of campaign performance via dashboards, reports, and presentations to the team and making recommendations for ongoing improvement in ROI, LTV, and other channel metrics.
- Taking a data-driven approach to building email and paid testing plans.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience in consumer internet and SaaS products.
- Performance-oriented copywriting skills, to help carefully craft advertising and other campaigns.
- Strong analytical capabilities and a testing mindset.
- Familiarity with marketing front-end web tools and event-based analytics.
- Experience with several of the following tools: Google Ads, Facebook Campaign Manager, Mailchimp (or comparable ESPs), Mixpanel, BigQuery, Data Studio, and keyword planning tools.
- A high degree of comfort working with HTML and CSS.
- Experience working as part of a small team with distributed colleagues.
The Marketing Operations Manager is a full-time position reporting to the Product Marketing Manager. Our team is fully distributed, and this role can be based in any location.. We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance to our US-based employees and their dependents, as well as a suite of optional benefits and perks programs including parental leave and flexible PTO.
mmhmm is committed to creating a diverse team. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.