mmhmm is a video communication company helping people instantly produce live and recorded video presentations that are entertaining to watch and easy to make. Founded in 2020, we believe being better at video is a crucial skill for any successful modern business. As a fully distributed, global team ourselves, we’re on a mission to empower people who work on video (that is, nearly everyone) to create more sustainable and joyful ways to work, teach, and collaborate. Our growing team includes founding members of Evernote, and we’re backed by Softbank Vision Fund, Sequoia Capital and other leading investors. mmhmm is part of All Turtles, a mission-driven product studio building meaningful products people love.
As an experienced designer partnering with other designers, product managers, and engineers, you’ll contribute to the earliest stages of mmhmm's design using a broad range of interaction, product, and visual design skills. You’ll push pixels and also engage in strategic conversations to shape how the product can solve problems and find users.
If you enjoy thinking holistically about UX and product design—from wireframing and prototyping to style guides and design systems, from user testing to new feature design—this role could be a fit. We’re looking for someone who loves hands-on design work but also has the high-level perspective to contribute to the strategic development of this early-stage product.
You'll be responsible for:
- Envisioning and evolving user experience across iOS and Android.
- Collaborating with product and design leadership to create design solutions for new features that elegantly fit within the existing UX.
- Collaborating with engineering teams to deliver a high quality final product.
- Participating in establishing great processes and tools for the design team.
Ideally, you'll have:
- Designed robust, thoughtful products and experiences with other designers, researchers, and writers.
- At least 3 years experience designing for native desktop and mobile platforms.
- Collaborated on research, testing, and other iterative methods.
- Experience using prototyping as part of your design process.
- A foundation in visual and interaction design.
- Great communication skills showing the ability to explain your strategy and process to others.
- Worked with cross-functional teams to prioritize and implement design milestones in an iterative way.
- Worked on early-stage products.
The Senior Product Designer, Mobile is a full-time position reporting to the Design Manager, Mobile. This role can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive insurance benefits to our employees and their qualifying dependents, in addition to flexible vacation, a 401(k), parental leave, and a suite of optional benefits and perks programs.
All Turtles and mmhmm are committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.