mmhmm is a video communication company helping people instantly produce live and recorded video presentations that are entertaining to watch and easy to make. Founded in 2020, we believe being better at video is a crucial skill for any successful modern business. As a fully distributed, global team ourselves, we’re on a mission to empower people who work on video (that is, nearly everyone) to create more sustainable and joyful ways to work, teach, and collaborate. Our growing team includes founding members of Evernote, and we’re backed by Sequoia Capital and other leading investors. mmhmm is part of All Turtles, a studio sharing resources to help multiple brands build meaningful products people love.
As a Windows Application Engineer for mmhmm, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining the Windows desktop version of our application. This application is built on Windows Presentation Foundation, and it communicates with several proprietary libraries that perform graphic manipulation of video streams, images and video files. While much of the work will focus on the user interface and workflows, your code will communicate with lower level Windows interfaces. Working as part of a small, cross-functional team, you’ll write code, contribute to the product direction and design, look for ways to improve computational performance, and share your knowledge and skills with other team members.
You’re the right person for this job if you like to work on small, autonomous teams to create new things, take pride in the quality of the user experiences that you create, and love to see your work used by people who are passionate about what you’ve built.
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Making major contributions toward our desktop Windows application’s application level features that focus on account management, multimedia management, file system interaction, and client data storage.
- Writing C# code that communicates with cloud services, using RESTful APIs, websockets and other communication mechanisms.
- Working with members of the design team to implement workflows and visual interfaces that are elegant and simple. This includes collaborating on adapting Mac-focused designs to Windows.
- Identifying components of the application that could be refactored for improved performance, clarity, or maintainability.
- Building automated tests to ensure workflows and user interfaces are behaving as expected.
- Designing software for scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Ensuring that we deliver at high quality, release after release.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Deep experience developing Windows desktop applications in WPF and C#.
- Experience building applications that manage and display multimedia.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams that include designers.
- A track record of delivering on ambitious goals.
- Worked in a startup environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for conveying clear thoughts and ideas.
IDEALLY, YOU'LL HAVE:
- Experience writing code against the Windows API, particularly with cameras, video streams, and audio streams.
- A strong ability to work in C/C++ as well as C#.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Director of Engineering. This role can be based in any location. Since our fully distributed team works across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance to our employees and their dependents, as well as a suite of optional benefits and perks programs including parental leave and flexible PTO.
All Turtles and mmhmm are committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.