All Turtles is an early-stage product studio. We solve clear, meaningful problems felt by people and companies alike with an eye toward the future of health and work. The products we make strive to make a positive impact on the world, with a design-led approach and simple, direct business models. We’re a fully distributed team, with team members across the United States, and in many countries internationally.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer at All Turtles, you'll ensure that the early stage software products we build are designed and implemented for cloud-based security, scalability, and robustness. You’ll partner with internal and external engineers, and technical founders to provide cloud-native expertise on technology selection, security best practices, and infrastructure-as-code. You’ll be a trusted resource for designing, deploying and security in the cloud on new projects, as well as getting existing projects to a solid ‘best practices’ footing. You’ll have the freedom to choose the right tools for each job. You’ll have the opportunity to set out guidelines, processes and practices that will guide All Turtles for years to come.
You’re the right person for this job if you love to work on small, autonomous teams, take pride in the quality of what you produce, and crave variety in your work.
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Owning critical aspects of our technology operations in areas including production, deployment process automation, monitoring, and security.
- Providing mentorship on various cloud security and cloud technologies for engineers and technical founders.
- Building, and maintaining, the infrastructure automation powering a variety of projects with an eye toward strengthening our security and compliance.
- Strengthening our production environments, and advocating for and implementing best practices.
- Participating on incident response teams, conducting root cause analysis and finding permanent solutions to the same.
- Integrating security at all phases of the development process.
- Performing vulnerability assessments, threat modeling and routine security reviews.
- Vendor management when necessary.
IDEALLY, YOU'LL HAVE:
- Early stage startup experience, since we primarily work with founding teams.
- Experience with DevSecOps.
- Experience with distributed organizations , especially development teams.
- A strong understanding of cloud technology (AWS and/or GCP generally). You’re a cloud expert, and you’re willing to expand your expertise as a cloud agnostic source of truth.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging cloud Identity & Access Management services.
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure-as-code.
- Proficiency in a coding language such as Python, with a passion for automation.
- Experience deploying cloud infrastructure-as-code, and a disciplined approach to maintaining best practices in day-to-day operations.
- Delivered on ambitious goals. At the end of the day, you’re a doer.
- Native or professional fluency in English, both spoken and written.
- Experience with analytics databases and associated data pipelines.
- Experience with automated static analysis and other code and dependency scanning tools.
- Experience developing secure cloud resource deployment templates in Cloud Service Providers using infrastructure as code frameworks.
The Senior Cloud Engineer is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Head of Engineering. This role is a remote position, and can be based in any location. We offer equity, flexible vacation, and a suite of optional benefits and perks programs to all employees regardless of location. We offer comprehensive insurance benefits to our US-employees and their qualifying dependents, and we aim for parity in countries where health insurance is nationalized.
All Turtles and is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.