Mmhmm is a new tool that makes you better on video. Whether you need to spice up your presentation, switch from classroom teaching to remote learning, or just inject some personality into your next Zoom meeting, mmhmm will help you find a brand new way to work and perform in a virtual environment.
As the Senior Product Manager for the mmhmm Service, you’ll build and ship the services and web experiences that power our product. You’ll do this by defining a product roadmap, breaking down complex problems into simple steps, and working with team members to get stuff done. This means collaborating with our customer support, analytics, and user research teams to gather insights, but also doing your own competitive research, running your own SQL queries, and reaching out directly to customers yourself.
You’ll have the freedom to do whatever needs to be done, working independently and setting your own priorities. As a fully-distributed global team, we do most of our work asynchronously on Slack or in Figma, and we save our synchronous meetings for decision-making, personal and professional development conversations, and other topics best tackled live.
You should have a demonstrated history of balancing speed with process, and creating order out of chaos. You should also have good judgment, and understand the importance of documentation, without over relying on process. You should be excited to infuse the product with just the right blend of personality and productivity. You pride yourself on your ability to speak and write clearly, preferring to tell it like it is rather than muddy things up with buzzwords and jargon. You’re smart and you get things done, and you trust that your teammates do too.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building scalable backend services and compelling user-facing web applications, e.g., a subscription checkout flow, and the commerce integrations that go with it.
- Working closely with the other product teams to provide tools and infrastructure that support the native mmhmm clients, like the content synchronization engine and room catalog.
- Defining the roadmap, leading execution, and working on Go To Market for our B2B product.
- Pitching in on anything else that needs doing (you’ll be the second PM on our very small team!)
Ideally, you’ll have:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager.
- A technical background, preferably a Computer Science degree and/or work experience as a software developer.
- Experience building backend systems and services for B2B SAAS products.
- Experience from small startups, or experience leading a smaller team within a larger company.
- Extra-strong execution skills and a high bar for releases, with the project management and leadership skills to get there.
The Senior Product Manager, Service is a full-time position reporting to the Lead Product Manager. This role is a remote position, and can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works primarily across US time zones, North and South American-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive insurance benefits to our US-based employees and their qualifying dependents, in addition to flexible vacation, a 401(k), parental leave, and a suite of optional benefits and perks programs.
All Turtles and mmhmm are committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.