Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
Come join a creative and collaborative team of scientists dedicated to leveraging emerging insights in RNA biology to develop novel classes of oligonucleotide therapeutics to treat human diseases and improve human health. In this role you will play a critical role in DMPK Group and work closely with internal partners and external collaborators to enable identification of multiple drug candidates for human clinical studies. Please apply if you feel that you can contribute to growing our team and advance our mission. As an early member of a privately held, well-funded, early-stage platform biotechnology company, you will contribute to the platform development, drug discovery, and translation into the clinic along with opportunities for professional growth. You will also benefit from opportunities to engage with the broader Flagship Pioneering ecosystem.
We are seeking a Specialist, Nonclinical Operations to support a variety of the preclinical activities including bioanalytical, DMPK, and toxicology studies. The ideal candidate is a driven professional who knows how to contribute to multiple projects and activities in a nimble working environment and enjoys working in close collaboration with multiple functions in a small company environment. Principally, the position will interact with DMPK, Pharmacology, Discovery and other functions across the organization as well as external partners (e.g., CRO or academic organizations). This position will report to the Director, DMPK and is based in Cambridge, MA.
- Manage and coordinate the scheduling of studies and technical resources with CRO partners; ensure timly coverage of internal needs.
- Perform study monitor activities for nonclinical studies conducted at various CROs, working with the Study Director and the internal study lead.
- Coordinate all aspects of outsourced nonclinical safety studies independently (e.g., assessing test material amounts requirements, determining availability, coordinating analytical testing and shipments/specimen shipment, protocol development, dose level selection presentations, data and report review on an on-going basis, and study archival).
- Support Nonclinical and Discovery efforts across multiple functions and capacities, including but not limited to compiling meeting minutes, tracking action items, executing logistics, managing documents and databases, coordinating timelines and milestones, and supporting team decision-making
- Proactively identify risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks while developing and implementing mitigation plans
- Facilitate cross-functional communication by building strong working relationships across and between platform R&D, drug discovery & drug development
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified candidate should have at least a BS/BA with 2+ years or MS of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate study execution at external organizations and ensure timely communication between all stakeholders.
- Experience in utilizing software tools for data management (sample inventory, tracking and chain of custody, document management, etc.).
- Knowledge OR previous experience with general principles and methods of in vivo studies, animal welfare standards (USDA, AALAC, etc.), animal and human biology and physiology preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, strong organization skills and attention to details, ability to prioritize, and demonstrated ability to manage by influence and problem solve in a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a methodical and organized fashion; understand the material and documents workflow.
- Basic experience working in a biochemistry-oriented wet lab is preferred, but not required.
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Our Core Values
1. PATIENTS DESERVE BETTER. We are transforming medicine, boldly building a new future for patients.
2. CURIOSITY SPARKS DISCOVERY. We ardently explore the unknown, catalyzing new scientific breakthroughs.
3. COURAGE PROPELS US FORWARD. We take thoughtful risks without fear of failure, growing with each experience.
4. OUR PURPOSE FUELS US. We each lead and work with focus and passion to design groundbreaking tRNA medicines.
5. WE ARE ONE TEAM. We are united on trust and collaboration, embracing all voices and experiences.
WE GIVE IT OUR ALL, EVERYDAY, FOR PATIENTS EVERYWHERE. WE ARE ALLTRNA.