Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
We are seeking a motivated self-starter scientist to join the innovation team at Alltrna. The innovation team’s goal is to originate new therapeutic applications of tRNAs. As a member of this team, you will work closely with an interdisciplinary group of scientists to generate actionable hypotheses based on tRNAs and their applications in human health, and be a part of the team that originates parallel research avenues that translate into the next generation of Alltrna pipeline assets.
We operate in an open and inclusive learning environment and seek creative thinkers who can work with us to imagine all the therapeutic applications of tRNA biology and to redefine the future of medicine together.
- Apply your scientific knowledge and continually cultivate scientific and technical expertise to identify novel research avenues to pursue with our tRNA programming platform
- Generate actionable hypotheses to identify novel applications of tRNAs across biological fields and rapidly prototype ideas through proof-of-concept experiments to reach go/no-go decisions
- Conceive and manage projects with collaborators to drive innovation at Alltrna
- Work within the innovation team to develop and execute proprietary in-house techniques to explore new facets of tRNA biology
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional biology, technology, and chemistry team to contribute to the vision, strategy, and tactics of the organization
- Ph.D. in a biological discipline with 0-2 years of academic or industry research experience in the field of RNA biology demonstrated by a good publication record
- Deep expertise in biochemical and molecular biology techniques (i.e. RNA extraction, qRT-PCR, western blotting, immunoprecipitation) with a proven track record of driving multidisciplinary research to create new biological insights, especially related to RNA biology
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques (including patient-derived cell lines), nucleic acid transfection (plasmid, siRNA, oligo, etc.), and RNA-centric NGS library preparation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on effective presentations and publications
- Demonstrated ability to approach complex problems with innovative solutions and adapt existing experimental approaches to address novel questions
- Positive and collaborative attitude with the ability to adapt to fast-changing work responsibilities
- Experience with plate-based and fluorescence-based screening and assay development
- Prior research experience in RNA biology is strongly preferred
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
- Daily on-site snacks, cold brew coffee, and Bevi, as well as weekly catered lunches.
Our Core Values
- PATIENTS DESERVE BETTER. We are transforming medicine, boldly building a new future for patients.
- CURIOSITY SPARKS DISCOVERY. We ardently explore the unknown, catalyzing new scientific breakthroughs.
- COURAGE PROPELS US FORWARD. We take thoughtful risks without fear of failure, growing with each experience.
- OUR PURPOSE FUELS US. We each lead and work with focus and passion to design groundbreaking tRNA medicines.
- WE ARE ONE TEAM. We are united on trust and collaboration, embracing all voices and experiences.
WE GIVE IT OUR ALL, EVERYDAY, FOR PATIENTS EVERYWHERE. WE ARE ALLTRNA.