Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com
About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, growing biotech startup. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant to provide high-level support to the CEO and Leadership Team at Alltrna. The ideal candidate will leverage a broad range of skills with a high degree of professionalism and discretion in handling a wide variety of comprehensive responsibilities. Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively manage administrative tasks. Requires the ability to proactively build organizational knowledge and relationships and think critically and creatively to support problem-solving and ensure strong communication flow and follow-through. We are looking for a project driver who understands the value of a fast-paced environment’s productivity.
The Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of the Leadership Team’s calendar for work related to the operational day-to-day activities of a dynamic, startup company
- Ownership and oversight of the CEO’s professional calendar
- Responsible for proactively coordinating meetings and interviews and managing internal and external communications
- Coordinate worldwide travel plans including expense reporting and reimbursement for the CEO and, as needed for select members of the Leadership Team
- Responsible for supporting projects and activities for the Leadership Team
- Proactively collaborate with other administrative staff members in coordination of calendars, requests, and events
- Aid in coordinating agreements and contracts
- Organizing and planning company meetings and off-sites (e.g., board meetings, business development and investor interactions) by leading logistical arrangements and assisting with the production of materials and pre-reads as necessary
- Working with administrative and operations colleagues on employee appreciation events, training, and other ad hoc projects
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of administrative experience providing support to executives; ideally at the “C-Suite” level
- Exceptional organization skills, with keen attention to detail and a strong ability execute
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information and situations with care and confidence
- Ability to work across various roles and teams in a dynamic, demanding, and fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills; outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient in MS Office
- Agility: Ability to work in a high energy organization with evolving goals and deliverables
- Results Oriented: Self-motivated, curious, accomplishes goals with minimal oversight
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to work well with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Authenticity: Ability to voice their opinion and provide insight to the broader team, even when holding a minority or “out of the box” opinion. Ability to thrive with input from a cross-functional team while remaining the unquestioned scientific expert
- Team player: Desire to routinely interact with and mentor team members
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Our Core Values
- PATIENTS DESERVE BETTER. We are transforming medicine, boldly building a new future for patients.
- CURIOSITY SPARKS DISCOVERY. We ardently explore the unknown, catalyzing new scientific breakthroughs.
- COURAGE PROPELS US FORWARD. We take thoughtful risks without fear of failure, growing with each experience.
- OUR PURPOSE FUELS US. We each lead and work with focus and passion to design groundbreaking tRNA medicines.
- WE ARE ONE TEAM. We are united on trust and collaboration, embracing all voices and experiences.
WE GIVE IT OUR ALL, EVERYDAY, FOR PATIENTS EVERYWHERE. WE ARE ALLTRNA.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.