Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
Alltrna is seeking a collaborative and technical IT professional who can support our IT Operational needs as we grow. This position is available on a contract basis. In this role, you will help us internalize many of the IT services provided by our startup incubator as the company prepares for independent growth. You will split your time between process management and hands-on responsibilities. Our ideal candidate will have enough experience to what kind of support a growing company but will be unafraid of solving the problems themselves.
- Ensure excellent user experiences of all IT services and technology
- Oversee IT Operations and Managed Service Provider performance to ensure tickets get closed and issues get resolved in an efficient way
- Manage and maintain R&D Facilities IT, including site networking, conference & office, and A/V equipment via vendors
- Support proper networking and configuration of lab equipment and computers
- Configure enterprise ICAM (identity, credential, access management) using Okta
- Manage enterprise software stack, like M365, Slack, Notion, Egnyte
- Partner with head of Informatics to ensure that IT Services support Alltrna’s digital strategy
- Configure on-site IT infrastructure, including lab computers and equipment
Qualifications and Skills
- BS in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Approximately 8 years in IT Operations, reaching a Senior Engineer or Supervisor level of responsibility
- Proficient with IT technologies (Azure, SSO, Microsoft 365, Teams, Intune, Mobile, Windows and Mac)
- 5 or more years experience in Life Sciences or Healthcare related industries, specifically with supporting lab computers
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects based on business need
- Hands-on experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) systems, telecommunications tools and proficient with system administration functions
- Familiarity with cloud computing (AWS), specifically integration with on-premise networking and infrastructure
- Experience with small organizations and what they need to grow into large organizations
- Configuration management techniques and software
- Knowledgeable about zero-trust security principles, including MFA, key management, software-defined perimeters, and SSO (Okta)
- Has moved offices before
- Highly collaborative
- Excellent written and verbal communication, to both technical and non-technical users
- Genuinely enjoys making the lives of our users easier
- Interested about building digital best practices into a company’s growth
- Growth mindset: likes to learn new skills
- Likes to solve a problem once, then automate the solution
- Committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse culture within the organization
What We’ll Offer You
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Our Core Values
PATIENTS DESERVE BETTER.
We are transforming medicine, boldly building a new future for patients.
CURIOSITY SPARKS DISCOVERY.
We ardently explore the unknown, catalyzing new scientific breakthroughs.
COURAGE PROPELS US FORWARD.
We take thoughtful risks without fear of failure, growing with each experience.
OUR PURPOSE FUELS US.
We each lead and work with focus and passion to design groundbreaking tRNA medicines.
WE ARE ONE TEAM.
We are united on trust and collaboration, embracing all voices and experiences.
WE GIVE IT OUR ALL, EVERY DAY, FOR PATIENTS EVERYWHERE.
WE ARE ALLTRNA.