Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
We are seeking a collaborative and highly motivated research associate to join the DMPK team. To succeed, you will need to be an enthusiastic team player, detail-oriented, organized and comfortable working on complex problems. The ideal candidate will perform lab-based activities focusing on in vitro ADME projects (e.g. metabolic stability) and other in vitro assays to support the characterization of engineered tRNAs from discovery through to early development. You will work with many different sample types and develop sample preparation methods for various research projects. In this role you will play a critical/vital role in DMPK Group and work closely with internal partners and external collaborators to enable identification of multiple drug candidates for human clinical studies. Please apply if you feel that you can contribute to growing our team and advance our mission.
- Responsible for conducting routine and novel ADME-related assays for discovery and development stage compounds
- Develop and optimize various offline and online sample preparation and cleanup approaches
- Support LC-MS-based assay development including instrument operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Contribute to molecular biology-based bioanalytical method development/qualification and study sample analysis (NGS, dPCR)
- Support the identification and quantitation of PD biomarkers in various biological matrices
- Generally provide technical support and participate in identifying process bottlenecks for improvement or streamlining of analytical techniques as well as laboratory processes
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified candidate should have at least a BS in analytical chemistry/chemistry/biochemistry/pharmacology with 3-5 years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry and/or MS with 1-3 years of experience
- Experience performing and interpreting high quality quantitative in vitro ADME assays
- Working knowledge of bioanalysis of nucleic acids (e.g. ASO, siRNA, RNA) using at least one of the following techniques: HPLC, mass spectrometry, ELISA, PCR
- Experience in sample preparation techniques for oligonucleotide from animal matrices, such as whole blood, plasma, serum, and animal tissues
- Experience with peptide/protein/small molecule analysis by LC-MS is a plus
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Our Core Values
PATIENTS DESERVE BETTER.
We are transforming medicine, boldly building a new future for patients.
CURIOSITY SPARKS DISCOVERY.
We ardently explore the unknown, catalyzing new scientific breakthroughs.
COURAGE PROPELS US FORWARD.
We take thoughtful risks without fear of failure, growing with each experience.
OUR PURPOSE FUELS US.
We each lead and work with focus and passion to design groundbreaking tRNA medicines.
WE ARE ONE TEAM.
We are united on trust and collaboration, embracing all voices and experiences.
WE GIVE IT OUR ALL, EVERY DAY, FOR PATIENTS EVERYWHERE.
WE ARE ALLTRNA.