Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
Alltrna is seeking a highly motivated and talented Principal/Senior Research Associate to join our growing Cell & Organismal Biology Group. The successful candidate will be a key player to expand Alltrna’s disease modeling platform, by generation and evaluation of clonal CRISPR/Cas9-edited cell lines, differentiation, and disease phenotyping. The candidate will work with multifunctional groups to make research plans, design, and perform experiments to evaluate technologies. He/she should be a strong team player, clear communicator, enjoy scientific discovery and work effectively in a collaborative interdisciplinary environment.
- Design and production of cell engineering tools such as DNA constructs, gRNAs (CRISPR), and lentiviruses, etc.
- Engineering mammalian and pluripotent stem cells for disease reporter assays and disease modeling by gene manipulation via various technologies such as CRISPR, AAV, and lentivirus
- Perform assay optimization, qualification, validation, and cellular PK/PD studies in disease-relevant cells
- Design, execute, interpret experimental data, and establish workflows of preclinical in vitro and ex vivo experiments to support both mechanism of action studies and clinical translation of portfolio projects for tRNA therapeutic development
Qualifications and Skills
BS or MS in biology, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline with 3-6+ years for MS and 5-8+ years for BA of experience in Biotech or pharmaceutical company
Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture, including primary cells (e.g., patient fibroblasts and primary hepatocytes) and cell line characterization (growth curve, kill curve, clonal expansion, mycoplasma test, etc.)
Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques (plasmid construction, cloning, and sequence analysis) and stable cell line generation required
Proven hands-on experience with a variety cell-based and molecular biology techniques, such as FACS, flow cytometry, RT-qPCR, ELISA, MSD, immunostaining, high-content and confocal imaging
Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment as a team player with a strong work ethic, excellent communication, and time management skills
Foster a collaborative, creative, and rigorous culture of scientific discovery
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
- Be part of the team that writes the playbook for developing tRNA molecules and you will be critical not only in ensuring that we can understand how our formulations perform in living systems but also in defining how we manufacture for our clinical programs.
Our Core Values
- PATIENTS DESERVE BETTER. We are transforming medicine, boldly building a new future for patients.
- CURIOSITY SPARKS DISCOVERY. We ardently explore the unknown, catalyzing new scientific breakthroughs.
- COURAGE PROPELS US FORWARD. We take thoughtful risks without fear of failure, growing with each experience.
- OUR PURPOSE FUELS US. We each lead and work with focus and passion to design groundbreaking tRNA medicines.
- WE ARE ONE TEAM. We are united on trust and collaboration, embracing all voices and experiences.
WE GIVE IT OUR ALL, EVERYDAY, FOR PATIENTS EVERYWHERE. WE ARE ALLTRNA.