Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and independent individual with strong work ethic to join our Pharmacology team to support novel tRNA therapeutic drug discovery programs in a fast-paced, data-driven research environment. The successful candidate will be intellectually curious, goal oriented and will be comfortable learning new biology and developing assays. As a part of a highly collaborative environment, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop technically and professionally.
What is in this for you?
As an early member of a privately held, well-funded, early-stage platform biotechnology company, you will have significant influence on the platform development, drug discovery and development, and translation into the clinic along with the opportunity to grow as the company continues to expand. You will also benefit from opportunities to engage with the broader Flagship Pioneering ecosystem. We operate in an open and inclusive learning environment and need nimble thinkers who can chart courses and plan experiments based upon the data that we generate together cross-functionally.
- Design, execute and troubleshoot in vitro culture of established and primary mammalian cell lines to support cell-based assays in a matrix environment
- Design, develop, optimize and execute in vitro cell-based, phenotypical and biochemical assays such as Western, qPCR, RT-PCR, ELISA, MSD, FACS, etc.
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data to prepare clearly articulated experimental reports and communicate the results at internal meetings
- Work closely with a highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company
- Time management of multiple projects while keeping excellent records of experimental results
- Assume additional responsibilities as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS or MS in cell biology, molecular biology, or any related discipline
- At least 2 years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience in cell and molecular biology and drug discovery
- Extensive hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture techniques, including maintenance and transfection of various cells such as fibroblasts, B-lymphocytes and hepatocytes
- Demonstrated technical expertise with cell-based assays such as, but not limited to, Western, RT-PCR, qPCR, ELISA, MSD, Luminex, flow cytometry, and high content imaging
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and experience independently generating precise, reliable data and skillfully analyzing the data
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in parallel and proven track record of timely delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, skilled at conveying technical information in a clear manner
- Working knowledge in data spreadsheets (Excel), PowerPoint, and GraphPad Prism.
- Experience with transient and stable transfection, and CRISPR/Cas9
- Experience processing various tissue and organ from mice
- Familiarity with automated liquid handlers and molecular biology tools and workflows
Fast-acting/efficient. Moves quickly and proactively with a strong work ethic to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment. Focuses on key priorities. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Follows-through on commitments. Expects a high level of personal performance and team performance.
Critical thinking. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to proficiently understand new information and independently achieve meaningful outcomes. Able to structure and process qualitative/quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
Creativity & Innovation. Generates new and creative approaches to problem solving. Positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation.
Teamwork. Fully engaged in facilitating personal and team success. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the team to establish an overall collaborative work environment. Often solicits and responds well to constructive feedback. Possesses good written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and opinions.
Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing strategic and tactical priorities. ‘Wears multiple hats’ and is comfortable with ambiguity.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.