Co-op - Pharmacology, Jan 2023
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com
We are seeking a motivated and flexible individual to join our Pharmacology team to support novel tRNA therapeutic drug discovery programs in a fast-paced, data-driven research environment. The successful candidate will be intellectually curious and have a background in molecular/cellular biology with relevant hands-on laboratory experience. The candidate will get an opportunity to collaborate within a dynamic team of scientists from diverse backgrounds. As a part of a highly collaborative environment, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop technically and professionally.
- Conduct in vitro studies to support our disease modeling efforts
- Maintain mammalian cell lines
- Execute various cell-based, molecular, chemical and biochemical assays to assess tRNA activity and pharmaceutical properties
- Analyze and process data, and effectively communicate results to the rest of the team
- Assume additional responsibilities as required
- The ideal candidate will be pursuing a career in Biological Sciences and have hands-on experience in lab.
- The candidate must thrive in a team environment, be eager to learn new skills, and show strong attention to detail.
- The candidate should be self-motivated and quick to adapt to a fast-changing startup environment.
- Experience with quantitation of protein and RNA levels (e.g. Western blots, ELISA, qPCR, MSD, etc.)
- Experience with cell culturing techniques such as cultivation of human cell lines, cryopreservation, cell counting, and growth curve analysis.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology (NASDAQ: SANA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.