Who we are
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT). Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
The Head of Human Resources will drive key Human Resources (HR) best practices, initiatives and provide strategic direction and expertise for the full scope of the HR function for Alltrna. Reporting directly into the CEO, the Head of HR will develop and execute the HR strategy for the organization and be responsible for leading the company’s people function, structure, and policies. This role will serve as a thought partner to the CEO and Leadership Team (LT), provide HR advisory services with regards to leadership, coaching, employee relations, talent acquisition, engagement, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management, learning and development.
As the Head of Human Resources, you will:
- Develop and implement an HR plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative, best practices and policies that will service the full range of the company’s HR needs to help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
- Act as a strategic partner to all members of the LT and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues.
- Oversee development of HR operations, systems and processes that will scale to support the organization as the company grows and improve operational and organizational effectiveness.
- Partner closely with the Flagship TA team on recruitment efforts to enable rapid company growth.
- Advise on people programs and processes to enhance talent attraction, retention, development, and succession.
- Partner closely with Finance in overseeing organizational headcount budget, people related costs and departmental budget.
- Develop and implement onboarding and offboarding programs.
- Partner with Flagship HR business partner and total rewards team to ensure equitable and market competitive compensation and benefits and oversee their implementation.
- Create and implement training and organizational development programs to support opportunities for continuous learning and development.
- Partner with legal counsel as required to ensure compliance requirements are met to mitigate organizational risks.
- Ensure layering of equity into the lifecycle of talent management: recruitment and retention of diverse candidates and staff; organization engagement and performance management that is inclusive and equitable; training and development; succession planning; and compensation and benefits, all of which are also inclusive and equitable.
- Coach and counsel LT in developing themselves and their teams to achieve improved performance and engagement.
- Counsel, coach and guide managers and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labor regulations and practices.
- Build a culture that cultivates talent, enhances learning and development, inspires the employees, and Alltrna becomes an employer of choice.
- A bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or MBA preferred. Certifications in HR helpful (SPHR, GPHR).
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in HR leadership positions, ideally in a biotech or startup environment. Previous experience supporting R&D organizations is a bonus.
- Business minded with deep knowledge of HR functions and experience in HR strategy development and execution.
- Successful track record scaling an organization by developing, implementing, and driving HR best practices.
- Broad knowledge of state and federal legal compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of benefits, 401k, compensation and other operational HR matters.
- General business and financial acumen with the ability to develop and utilize HR data and metrics as they relate to and impact business areas in Finance, Legal, IT, payroll, and administration.
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal - and an ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences.
- Strong coaching, consulting and facilitation skills.
Who you are:
- Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving complex environment.
- Bring a strategic mindset but have the ability to be an individual contributor.
- Someone who thrives in a start-up environment and have a roll-up your sleeves attitude to achieve desired results.
- Have unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results oriented.
- Passionate about the mission of the company, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goal.
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
- Daily on-site snacks, cold brew coffee, and Bevi, as well as weekly catered lunches.
Our Core Values
- Fast-acting/efficient. Moves quickly and proactively with a strong work ethic to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment. Focuses on key priorities. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Follows-through on commitments. Expects a high level of personal performance and team performance.
- Critical thinking. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to proficiently understand new information and independently achieve meaningful outcomes. Able to structure and process qualitative/quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
- Creativity & Innovation. Scientifically curious and bold. Generates new and creative approaches to problem solving. Positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation. Able to challenge dogma.
- Teamwork. Fully engaged in facilitating personal and team success. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the team to establish an overall collaborative work environment. Often solicits and responds well to constructive feedback. Possesses good written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and opinions.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing strategic and tactical priorities. Comfortable with ambiguity. Self-starter mentality.
EEO Statement: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliate Flagship Labs companies (collectively, “FSP”), are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces and are affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.