Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
Alltrna is seeking a highly motivated and talented Sr. Research Associate/Research Associate to join our growing Cell & Organismal Biology Group. The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong hands-on experience in cell engineering and molecular biology to support human disease modeling and cellular PK/PD studies. If you like a fast-paced, science driven research environment discovering how a new therapeutic modality can be shaped to meet the needs of patients suffering from serious underserved diseases- this is the role for you.
- Drive the Cell Engineering (gene-editing) strategy, design, perform, and validate experiments that support a various research projects and therapeutic programs
- Maintain, culture and perform quality control testing of mammalian cells and primary cells
- Design and production of cell engineering tools such as DNA constructs, gRNAs (CRISPR), and lentiviruses, etc.
- Develop, optimize, and execute robust cellular and biochemical assays to support hid-to-lead and lead optimization
- Performe assay optimization, qualification, validation, and cellular PK/PD studies in patient derived cells
- Preparation of experimental method description and validation of results in electronic lab notebook; analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data to various stakeholders
- Presentation of scientific progress and results through oral and written communications
Qualifications and Skills
- PhD in biology, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline with 0-3+ years of experience, BS or MS with 7-10+ years of experience in Biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques (plasmid construction, cloning, and sequence analysis) and stable cell line generation required
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture, including primary cells (e.g., patient fibroblasts and primary hepatocytes) and cell line characterization (growth curve, kill curve, clonal expansion, mycoplasma test, etc.)
- Experience in cell biology with demonstrated proficiency in a broad range of molecular techniques, including immunofluorescence, bioluminescence,, qPCR, WB, ELISA, flow cytometry, etc.
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench
- Highly organized and collaborative work style; ability to maintain detailed documentation in an electronic lab notebook.
- Working in a fast-paced small company environment with reasonable direction and being able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
The preferred candidate will ideally also possess the following skills:
- Previous experience in disease specific cellular assay development and execution
- Proficiency with image-based assay development (fluorescence and confocal microscopy, High-content imaging, IncuCyte) and image data analysis is a plus
- Previous experience in human pluripotent stem cell (iPSC, ESC) is preferred
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
- Daily on-site snacks, cold brew coffee, and Bevi, as well as weekly catered lunches.
Our Core Values
- Fast-acting/efficient. Moves quickly and proactively with a strong work ethic to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment. Focuses on key priorities. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Follows-through on commitments. Expects a high level of personal performance and team performance.
- Critical thinking. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to proficiently understand new information and independently achieve meaningful outcomes. Able to structure and process qualitative/quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
- Creativity & Innovation. Scientifically curious and bold. Generates new and creative approaches to problem solving. Positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation. Able to challenge dogma.
- Teamwork. Fully engaged in facilitating personal and team success. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the team to establish an overall collaborative work environment. Often solicits and responds well to constructive feedback. Possesses good written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and opinions.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing strategic and tactical priorities. Comfortable with ambiguity. Self-starter mentality.