Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
Alltrna is seeking a highly motivated and talented Senior Scientist to join our Cell & Organismal Biology team.
- Lead projects and mentor junior team members
- Responsible for developing and executing in vitro strategies using a wide range of disease models including those for liver indications
- Design, establish and execute robust, high-quality biochemical and cell-based assays to support lead selection and optimization
- Develop cellular assays and establish workflow for the assessment of cellular distribution of nucleic acids in various in vitro system including 2D/3D primary hepatocytes
- Continually cultivate scientific/technical expertise through critical review of the scientific literature and implement new methods to evaluate oligonucleotide cellular uptake and activities
- Effectively report scientific progress and results through oral and written presentations
- Manage collaboration with both internal and external partners
Qualifications and Skills
- PhD in cell & molecular biology, chemical biology, or a related discipline with 5 years of experience in biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Extensive hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture, including primary cells (e.g., patient fibroblasts and primary hepatocytes)
- Strong background in molecular and cell biology methods (e.g., ddPCR, qPCR, Flow Cytometry, cell sorting, RNA/DNA delivery to a various cell type, and cell engineering)
- Prior experience assessing nucleic acid delivery approaches to specific cells and tissues
- Strong expertise in flow cytometry, cell sorting, and image-based technology (High-content imaging, time-laps confocal microscopy, cell painting, RNAscope)
- Scientific rigor, strong problem-solving and previous management experience (people, technology, project, etc.)
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team
The preferred candidate will ideally also possess the following skills:
- Previous experience in hepatic disease specific cellular assay development and execution
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
- Daily on-site snacks, cold brew coffee, and Bevi, as well as weekly catered lunches.
Our Core Values
- Fast-acting/efficient. Moves quickly and proactively with a strong work ethic to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment. Focuses on key priorities. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Follows-through on commitments. Expects a high level of personal performance and team performance.
- Critical thinking. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to proficiently understand new information and independently achieve meaningful outcomes. Able to structure and process qualitative/quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
- Creativity & Innovation. Scientifically curious and bold. Generates new and creative approaches to problem solving. Positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation. Able to challenge dogma.
- Teamwork. Fully engaged in facilitating personal and team success. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the team to establish an overall collaborative work environment. Often solicits and responds well to constructive feedback. Possesses good written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and opinions.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing strategic and tactical priorities. Comfortable with ambiguity. Self-starter mentality.