Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
Come join a creative and collaborative team of scientists at Alltrna dedicated to leveraging emerging insights in RNA biology to develop a novel class of human therapeutics. The successful candidate will play a key role in expanding our understanding of tRNAs and tRNA therapeutics by designing and performing cellular and molecular pooled screening, selection, and directed evolution experiments. As part of the Computational and Molecular biology team, this position will work closely with our Machine Learning team to generate deeper insights from the rich screening data. This role requires a creative scientist with strong assay development skills and will contribute to both platform development and therapeutic goals.
- Develop and execute novel pooled screen, selection, and directed evolution experiments to evaluate all aspects of engineered tRNAs
- Work in collaboration with our Computational Biology and Machine Learning teams to design and evaluate large-scale screens
- Conceive and implement new molecular biology strategies to expand the depth and sensitivity of our screening platforms
- Drive fundamental insights into optimizing the sequence features of tRNA medicines.
- Develop the strategy and scientific direction of the pooled screening group.
- Communicate scientific results to cross-functional teams to drive decision making.
- Continually cultivate scientific and technical expertise through critical review of the scientific literature, attending external conferences, and developing relationships with key opinion leaders
Qualifications and Skills
- Ph.D. in Molecular biology, RNA biology, or a related field and a proven track record of scientific excellence as evidenced by a strong publication and/or patent record.
- Experience designing, executing, and interpreting large-scale pooled screens, selections, or directed evolution experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to generate new biological insights from high-throughput experiments.
- Expertise with molecular biology and mammalian cell culture, including pooled cloning, lentivirus production and transduction, and NGS.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with team members of diverse backgrounds and job functions in a fast-paced startup environment.
The preferred candidate will ideally also possess the following skills:
- Expertise in RNA biology.
- Experience running FACS-based screens.
- Experience using python or R to evaluate pooled screens and NGS data.
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
- Daily on-site snacks, cold brew coffee, and Bevi, as well as weekly catered lunches.
Our Core Values
- Fast-acting/efficient. Moves quickly and proactively with a strong work ethic to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment. Focuses on key priorities. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Follows-through on commitments. Expects a high level of personal performance and team performance.
- Critical thinking. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to proficiently understand new information and independently achieve meaningful outcomes. Able to structure and process qualitative/quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
- Creativity & Innovation. Scientifically curious and bold. Generates new and creative approaches to problem solving. Positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation. Able to challenge dogma.
- Teamwork. Fully engaged in facilitating personal and team success. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the team to establish an overall collaborative work environment. Often solicits and responds well to constructive feedback. Possesses good written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and opinions.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing strategic and tactical priorities. Comfortable with ambiguity. Self-starter mentality.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.