Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
Alltrna is an entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional Research Associate to join our growing team. As a Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist, you will work to support key development programs and senior team members by conducting in-vitro studies to support our tRNA platform screening efforts. You will be generating and maintaining mammalian cell lines as well as conducting various assays (cell-based, molecular, biochemical, and immune) based on established protocols. As key member of our Lab Automation and Discovery Screening teams; you will play a critical role in our efforts to adapt traditional assay technologies into HTS amenable formats and executing production runs on HTS platforms composed of liquid handlers, plate readers, flow cytometers, high content imagers, and data capture software for biologics discovery. A successful candidate will have an educational degree in Biology, Chemistry, or a related field and will have direct experience working in a research laboratory setting. The candidate’s career goals, technical skills, and core competencies should be aligned with the description below
- Participate in high throughput cell-based assay development; and perform cellular/molecular biology techniques including the generation of stable reporter cells for fluorescence, qPCR, and luciferase related assays.
- Follow and execute standardized protocols for high to medium throughput assays, with high attention to detail and effectively communicating results
- Utilize lab automation equipment and high-throughput instrumentation to conduct assays and experiments
- Assist colleagues in experiments to optimize precision, accuracy, reproducibility, and throughput for core platform assays
- Execute and optimize processes within the lab to increase efficiency and effectiveness, including managing biologics inventory, lab consumables, chemicals, and equipment.
- Work closely with engineering/scientific colleagues to perform HTS/HCS campaigns, and to streamline data analysis workflow. Analyze experimental data and present results at project/team meetings.
- Convert traditional low-throughput biochemical and cell-based assays into HTS amenable formats. (Experimental Design, Assay Optimization, Method Validation, and Root Cause Analysis).
Qualifications and Skills
- BS, MS, PhD degree in science or engineering related fields
- Experience working in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical/Research laboratory environment
- Experience with tissue culture and aseptic techniques for Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills and willingness to work within a collaborative team setting and across functional areas
- Experience with electronic laboratory notebook (ELN), SOP development, and reagent management.
- Experience with cell and molecular biology analytical techniques, such as spectrophotometry (Nanodrop), qPCR, Western blot, In Situ Hybridization, immunofluorescence imaging, and microscopy.
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Motivation to learn new scientific techniques and to work in a team environment is necessary.
The preferred candidate will ideally also possess the following skills:
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in a scientifically related field or equivalent work experience
- Direct technical experience in Biotech/Pharma Research and Development
- Experience with primary human derived cell culture.
- Experience with medium/high throughput small molecule or Oligonucleotide screening using bioluminescent assay or high content imaging.
- Strong expertise on assay design, automation, optimization, validation, and implementation of routine cell-based assay to support drug discovery programs.
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture, cell line development, characterization, and optimization. Proficient in DNA/RNA delivery by transfection, transduction, and electroporation.
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
- Daily on-site snacks, cold brew coffee, and Bevi, as well as weekly catered lunches.
Our Core Values
Fast-acting/efficient. Moves quickly and proactively with a strong work ethic to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment. Focuses on key priorities. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Follows-through on commitments. Expects a high level of personal performance and team performance.
Critical thinking. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to proficiently understand new information and independently achieve meaningful outcomes. Able to structure and process qualitative/quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
Creativity & Innovation. Generates new and creative approaches to problem solving. Positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation.
Teamwork. Fully engaged in facilitating personal and team success. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the team to establish an overall collaborative work environment. Often solicits and responds well to constructive feedback. Possesses good written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and opinions.
Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing strategic and tactical priorities. ‘Wears multiple hats’ and is comfortable with ambiguity.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.