Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
If you would like to work in a supportive, collaborative environment with a team-oriented culture and you are excited to learn new skills, this position is for you. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our fast-growing Pharmacology team. The successful candidate will conduct hands-on research, develop and optimize bioanalytical tools, primarily for in vitro/ex vivo studies to support our pre-clinical programs.
- Maintain (culture, passage, cryopreserve, etc.) and optimize the in vitro culture of mammalian cell lines and primary patient cells to support cell-based assays
- Develop, optimize and execute in vitro cell-based assays such as Western, ELISA, MSD, RT-PCR, qPCR, and FACS, etc.
- Perform transfection and measure biological activity of nucleic acid compounds
- Assist in developing novel bioanalytical methods for the identification and quantification of biomarkers in cell and tissue samples
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data to prepare clearly articulated experimental reports and communicate the results at internal meetings
- Assume additional responsibilities as required
Qualifications and Skills
- BS or MS in cell biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline with 2 - 4 years of laboratory research experience, preferably in an industry setting (2 years for MS).
- Extensive hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture techniques, including primary cells
- Proven hands-on experience with cell-based analytical assays such as Western, ELISA, MSD, Luminex, RT-PCR, qPCR, flow cytometry, and high content imaging
- Proven track record of timely delivering results in a fast paced environment
- Highly organized team player with strong attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge in data spreadsheets (Excel) and GraphPad Prism.
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
- Daily on-site snacks, cold brew coffee, and Bevi, as well as weekly catered lunches.
Our Core Values
- Fast-acting/efficient. Moves quickly and proactively with a strong work ethic to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment. Focuses on key priorities. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Follows-through on commitments. Expects a high level of personal performance and team performance.
- Critical thinking. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to proficiently understand new information and independently achieve meaningful outcomes. Able to structure and process qualitative/quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
- Creativity & Innovation. Scientifically curious and bold. Generates new and creative approaches to problem solving. Positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation. Able to challenge dogma.
- Teamwork. Fully engaged in facilitating personal and team success. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the team to establish an overall collaborative work environment. Often solicits and responds well to constructive feedback. Possesses good written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and opinions.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing strategic and tactical priorities. Comfortable with ambiguity. Self-starter mentality.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.