Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
Come join us. We are seeking to hire a highly motivated and experienced research associate to join our Cell and Organismal Biology team to support various drug discovery programs. The candidate should be able to work effectively in a team-oriented group and is accustomed to consistently delivering high-quality data on a timeline.
- Maintain (culture, passage, cryopreservation, etc.) human embryonic stem cells/induced pluripotent stem cells as well as other mammalian cell lines and primary patient cells to support various cell-based assays.
- Generate in vitro disease models with human pluripotent stem cells by differentiation into various cell types.
- Establish transgenic stem cell lines using genome editing techniques such as CRISPR/Cas9; Perform appropriate QC procedures to ensure normal karyotype and differentiation potential.
- Design, develop, and optimize in vitro transfection/transduction experiments using a variety of perturbagens, including Lipofectamine-based transient transfection and lentivirus/AAV-mediated infection.
- Perform common molecular biology experiments, including but not limited to PCR, western blot, RT-PCR, immunofluorescence, ELISA, and biochemical assays to support therapeutic development.
- Obtain, analyze, and organize data in the electronic laboratory notebook in a timely fashion; present experimental results at internal meetings to review project progress.
- Work independently and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to the vision, strategy, and tactics of the organization.
Qualifications and Skills
- A successful candidate will have a BS or MS in biology, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline with laboratory research experience in an industry or academic setting.
- Working experience in human pluripotent stem cell maintenance and exposure in at least one of the differentiation models (hepatocytes, neuron, RPE, skeletal muscle, etc.).
- Extensive experience in cell culture including primary and patient derived cells and DNA/RNA delivery by transfection, transduction (lentivirus, AAV), or electroporation.
- Hands-on experience in cell line generation with genome-editing techniques such as TALEN, CRISPR, or base editing; familiar with FACS, clone isolation, and high throughput genotyping.
- Demonstrated ability to perform cellular and molecular techniques, such as DNA cloning, real-time PCR, flow cytometry, ELISA, MSD, immunostaining, high-content microscopy, and biochemical assays.
- Strong expertise in assay design, optimization, validation, and implementation of routine cell-based assays to support drug discovery and therapeutic development programs.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills, with attention to accuracy and technical details.
The preferred candidate will ideally also possess the following skills:
- Experience and working knowledge on mRNA, siRNA, or antisense oligonucleotides.
- Experience with image-based assays and related analyses (e.g., RNAscope and cell painting).
- Experience with electron laboratory notebook (ELN).
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
- Daily on-site snacks, cold brew coffee, and Bevi, as well as weekly catered lunches.
Our Core Values
- Fast-acting/efficient. Moves quickly and proactively with a strong work ethic to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment. Focuses on key priorities. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Follows-through on commitments. Expects a high level of personal performance and team performance.
- Critical thinking. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to proficiently understand new information and independently achieve meaningful outcomes. Able to structure and process qualitative/quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
- Creativity & Innovation. Scientifically curious and bold. Generates new and creative approaches to problem solving. Positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation. Able to challenge dogma.
- Teamwork. Fully engaged in facilitating personal and team success. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the team to establish an overall collaborative work environment. Often solicits and responds well to constructive feedback. Possesses good written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and opinions.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing strategic and tactical priorities. Comfortable with ambiguity. Self-starter mentality.