Founded in 2016 by food-lovers and serial entrepreneurs JP and Alex, allplants is an award-winning planet-positive food brand and VC-backed B-Corp with around 65 employees on a mission to build Earth’s most forward-thinking food company, operating out of Seven Sisters, London.
Eating plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint, so our mission is to inspire the next billion plant-powered people, using flavour and convenience. We’ve already served over 500,000 meals to homes all over the UK, subscribing for an easier way to enjoy plant-based living.
Our plans for 2019 and beyond are bold, delicious and daring - with big growth plans involving both new products and new markets. To achieve our growth ambition of inspiring the next billion
plant-powered people we are expanding our teams at pace, whilst also putting in place the foundations of a deeply mission-driven and customer-led culture.
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join us and help build a fantastic finance function. The allplants team have built an incredible culture organically, and we are looking for someone to come in and continue steering us in the right direction as a community.
This role will be super varied, with time spent on everything finance related from invoices all the way through to creating finance processes and implementing financial systems. You’ll also be the financial “go to” for all things allplants. It’s an ideal job if you’re looking to progress into a diverse role with plenty of room for growth!
What you’ll be doing
- Month end preparation, including prepayments journal
- Revenue recognition and reporting
- Help to create financial processes and implement accounting systems
- Bank reconciliations
- Invoice query management and timely resolution, along with supplier invoices and statement reconciliations
- Management of the Fixed Asset Register
- Work to identify opportunities for process improvement
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast, you’ll be a great fit here if you [are]:
- At least two years experience in a finance role role including both accounts work and reconciliations
- Experience working in a fast growth company that will enable you to hit the ground running at allplants
- Experience using accounting software and systems
- A strong attention to detail
- Initiative and a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Part qualified in ACCA/ CIMA/ ACA*
- A team player
- Strong communication skills
- A financial ‘all-rounder’
*The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
- Be part of a business with purpose (certified B-Corp), using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Annual Salary - £25,000 - £35,000
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), pension plan and stock options from day one
- Career development plan
- Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings(!)
- A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
- Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
- Listed as Escape The City’s Top 100 companies to work for ✌️
- Do I need to be vegan to work here?
No, you don’t! We’re an open-minded bunch and welcome all diets from plant curious to raw foodist, as long as you resonate with our mission to inspire people to eat more plants!
- Where are you based?
We’re currently based in Seven Sisters (N15 4QA). We will be moving to our new office by the end of 2019, where the closest station will be Blackhorse Road.
- What are your working hours?
This varies between teams (for instance our chefs work in shifts which cover from 6am to 10pm) but our standard office hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
- How can I contact if I have more questions?
Please reach out on email@example.com if you have any other questions.
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.