Founded in 2016 by food-lovers and serial entrepreneurs JP and Alex, allplants is an award-winning planet-positive food brand and VC-backed B-Corp with around 65 employees on a mission to build Earth’s most forward-thinking food company, operating out of Seven Sisters, London.
We’re passionate about inspiring a more plant-based future. The way we eat has an enormous impact on our health and the health of our planet. So we keep it delicious while creating an exciting balance of healthy, convenient, more sustainable food choices. That takes teamwork, empathy, smarts, creativity, confidence and boundless positive energy.
Today allplants’ range of chef-prepared meals are imaginatively tasty and nutritionally balanced with 100% natural plant-based ingredients - from our creamy Cashew Mac to our rich and spicy Jerk Jackfruit - every dish is handmade with love. Eating plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint, so our mission is to inspire the next billion plant-powered people, using flavour and convenience. We’ve already served over 750,000 meals to homes all over the UK, subscribing for an easier way to enjoy plant-based living.
Our plans for 2019 and beyond are bold, delicious and daring - with big growth plans involving both new products and new markets. To achieve our growth ambition of inspiring the next billion plant-powered people we are expanding our teams at pace, whilst also putting in place the foundations of a deeply mission-driven and customer-led culture.
This is a brand new high-impact, high-visibility role in the team. As our new CFO/FD you’ll be the most senior member of our Finance team as we grow; working collaboratively and cross-functionally at all levels to make sure Finance is a value-add function that supports the wider business and provides us with a platform for further growth. We’re looking for someone with the right mix of accounting expertise and an open mind to find new and innovative ways to increase financial efficiency, who has demonstrable experience working in start-up and scale-up businesses, and relishes building and scaling.
You will be an integral part of the senior leadership team, helping to lead a culture of attention to economics, and will help architect and grow the Finance function from a base level - across bookkeeping, payments, reconciliations, controls, systems, reporting, people, processes and relevant BI. You’ll also own, plan and execute our financial strategy, ensuring that all financial operations are in line with overall business objectives.
We hope you’d step in and quickly take full ownership of all day-to-day accounting, you will also drive monthly management accounts and financial reporting, as well as managing ad-hoc finance projects and working cross-functionally to improve our overall operational/financial performance and cash flow.
Due to the projected growth of the business, a lot of the role will require agility to jump between delivering continuous growth of the finance function, implementing robust tools & processes to futureproof the business for scale-up, whilst also working closely with the CEO and leadership team to drive fundraising activities including regular reporting and presenting to the Board and investors on plans and progress. This encompasses a hands-on approach to leadership, while also zooming out to steer strategic direction and coach your team.
The role reports into, and will work daily with, the Founder-CEO Jonathan Petrides (JP). This is a pivotal role at the core of our executive team (alongside Food Production, Marketing, Operations, Creative, and People) and interfacing with the Board. The role will be a key player in our team’s mentorship and hierarchy, so we plan to find a seasoned leader to inspire world-class teams which exist in all our functions.
what you’ll do.
The scope & main responsibilities of this role are detailed below. This isn’t fully exhaustive but covers the main elements of first 6-12 months.
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast, you’ll be a great fit here if you are:
- Leader and strategist. Experienced in planning and executing equity, debt, grant and other fundraising activities, and comfortable presenting business plans to investors.
- Coach/player. You’ll be as comfortable leading a small team, showing them what best-in-class finance team looks like, while leaning in when they need hands-on support.
- Hyper organised. Experienced in high paced environments, with confidence and ability to independently prioritise, plan and coordinate people/processes to ensure seamless execution.
- Analytically sharp. Highly data-driven with a focus on architecting a strategy built bottom-up with business partners. Excel/Sheets for financial modelling and reporting is second nature.
- Habitual problem solver. Track record of continuous process improvement - e.g. implementing systems, processes and automation to improve accuracy and speed of reporting.
- Rapid adaptable learner. Takes feedback well, is highly self-aware and personable. Willing to dig-in, research and learn a way around any challenge autonomously.
- Proactive doer. embodies proactivity, with a can-do attitude, will go the extra mile(s) when needed, and has solid project management skills.
- Applied accounting and finance specialist. Qualified (ACA or CIMA/ACCA equivalent) with +10 years at in-house finance team. Intimately familiar with cloud-based accounting software, ERPs etc.
- Excellent communicator. You are equally good at listening as explaining to / convincing others.
- You. Sense of humour with high energy and passion for the plant-powered future we’re building.
- Be part of a fast growing organisation built to shape the future of food
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, 24 days holiday, pension plan and stock options from day one
- Career development plan & personal training budget
- Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings (!)
- Be part of a business with purpose, using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
- Join an energetic, passionate team of mission-driven people who’ll stretch and challenge you
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to everyone who shares our motivations.