Founded in 2016 by food-lovers and serial entrepreneurs JP and Alex, allplants is an award-winning planet-positive food brand and VC-backed B-Corp with around 65 employees on a mission to build Earth’s most forward-thinking food company, operating out of Seven Sisters, London.
We’re passionate about inspiring a more plant-based future. The way we eat has an enormous impact on our health and the health of our planet. So we keep it delicious while creating an exciting balance of healthy, convenient, more sustainable food choices. That takes teamwork, empathy, smarts, creativity, confidence and boundless positive energy.
Today allplants’ range of chef-prepared meals are imaginatively tasty and nutritionally balanced with 100% natural plant-based ingredients - from our creamy Cashew Mac to our rich and spicy Jerk Jackfruit - every dish is handmade with love. Eating plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint, so our mission is to inspire the next billion plant-powered people, using flavour and convenience. We’ve already served over 750,000 meals to homes all over the UK, subscribing for an easier way to enjoy plant-based living.
Our plans for 2019 and beyond are bold, delicious and daring - with big growth plans involving both new products and new markets. To achieve our growth ambition of inspiring the next billion plant-powered people we are expanding our teams at pace, whilst also putting in place the foundations of a deeply mission-driven and customer-led culture.
The allplants team have built an incredible culture organically, and we are looking for someone to come in and continue steering us in the right direction as a community. This role will be super varied, with time spent on social events, internal communications, HR (People and Talent) operations, and being the cultural “go to” for all things allplants. It’s an ideal job if you’re looking to progress into HR, People, Culture, Internal Communications, Facilities, or Diversity and Inclusion.
The team is looking for attitude over aptitude, and we won’t be looking at years of experience or education over someone who has grown quickly, aches to learn more about what they do, and loves working with people from all walks of life. We have a new VP People & Talent who will be supporting you as you grow into the role, so you’ll be autonomous, but with huge love and support on the sidelines and behind the scenes.
- Organisational Superhero.
- Manage ‘people’ administration: from drafting NDAs, Contracts, and Consulting documentation, to updating CharlieHR with new team members, changes, and reporting updates.
- Tracking and managing freelance resource and time sheets where needed, and supporting our line managers to keep our teams compliant and up to date.
- Travel bookings, expenses, and some administrative support for the team.
- Onboarding and welcome our new allstars into the community, and helping them have a fabulous experience as they settle into their new role.
- Assist with recruitment administration: helping to arrange and book interviews, preparing documents (contracts, offer letters etc.), maintaining records, ensuring all employee information is accurate and up to date for onboarding and welcoming into the team.
- High-level policy implementation and advice, including around holiday, benefits, code of conduct, and performance.
- Employee relations administration and assistance with the VP People.
- Reward and recognition, including facilitating performance reviews, pay reviews, and yearly cycles
- Payroll admin, budget management, and supporting reporting.
- Culture Advocating.
- Work closely with the founders and VP People and Talent to design and manage a world-leading company culture and working environment.
- Coordinating Lunch and Learn guests, office socials, and events!
- Being the go-to for our space, thinking of ways to make it truly reflective of our culture, team, and how we can do our best work.
- Implementing and tracking our benefits, as well as introducing new and exciting perks of working with allplants, from our space to our payroll.
- Act as the first point of contact for general human resources, office administration, and facilities.
- Function building.
- You’re the first of your kind! You’ll be the one developing processes, coming up with ideas, and partnering with our awesome creative and branding team on how we best build our community!
- Implementing new systems, processes, and ways of working, as well as teaching others how to adapt to the changes of a new People, Culture and Talent Team!
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast, you’ll be a great fit here if you:
- Have little to no experience (No previous professional experience is required for this role!)
- We’re looking for you if you’re motivated by people, and people have told you that you have high emotional intelligence and empathy
- Truly believe in the allplants mission and have a vision for how this fits into our culture
- Itch to learn fast, make positive changes, and do something to make our world a better place
- Bring a sense of humour, high energy, and passion for a healthier plant-powered future
- Are a natural people person who gets energy off interactions, social events, and communicating with different people all day, every day
- Know how to take risks, make mistakes and love feedback that helps you improve
- Be part of a fast-growing organisation built to shape the future of food
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), pension plan and stock options from day one
- Career development plan & personal training budget
- Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings(!)
- Be part of a business with purpose, using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
- Join an energetic, passionate team of mission-driven people who’ll stretch and challenge you
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.