Founded on a mission to rapidly improve the health of people and planet, allplants is an award-winning food brand and privately-owned B-Corp. We prepare and deliver delicious, quick meals for healthy people. Every meal is made from plants, at least 2 of your 5 a day and ready from your oven or microwave. Simple.
Eating plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint and with only ¼ of Brits getting their 5-a-day, allplants are helping people and planet thrive.
We’ve already served over 500,000 meals in homes all over the UK and our plans for 2019 and beyond are bold - with big growth plans involving both new products and new markets. To achieve our growth ambition we’re expanding our existing teams at pace, whilst also putting in place the foundations of a strong customer-led highly engaged culture.
We are looking for a proactive and curious Mid-Level Designer to join our in-house Creative Team. Our studio is a busy, multi-skilled hub, built to shape and grow our brand into a beloved household name.
You will be passionate about bringing a brand to life across a wide variety of formats. From marketing materials and tote-bags to content for the website, from pushing the brand guidelines to magazine layouts you will help shape our brand look and feel across all digital and print touch-points. Our creative strategy is ever moving and evolving, in the next year alone we expect to create everything from events series to beautiful content to fill our YouTube channel.
We are looking for creatives and makers keen to work in a non-specialist environment who love creating inspiring design solutions to any problem. You will report into our Head of Creative Projects, Katie, and will take part in defining the Creative Team culture as we build and grow.
The role is full time and based in Seven Sisters, London.
what you’ll do.
The scope & main responsibilities of this role are detailed below. This isn’t fully exhaustive but covers the main elements of first 6-12 months.
Brand guidelines and proposition
|Marketing and campaigns||
Digital and web
Team and culture
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast, you’ll be a great fit here if you are:
- You have 3-5 years experience working for a high-growth start up or as part of a busy agency.
- You are proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- You are capable in, or keen to develop a wider skill-set including AfterEffects and Premiere, illustration skills are desirable but not essential.
- You are keen to shape the team culture as well as crafting the brand look and feel.
- You are a natural problem solver and understand how to scrutinise a brief in order to provide the best possible solution.
- You are an able communicator, happy to present to internal team members and discussing your ideas and rationale with confidence
- You enjoy being a non-specialist, able to turn your hand to a wide range of design challenges. You have a portfolio full of examples of design work multiple channels as a result.
- You have proven experience working within and shaping brand guidelines, considering the values of the brand in your designs as opposed to your personal style.
- You are proactive with a can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- You are a perfectionist who knows when to let go; happy to craft and fine tune but able to hold that in tension with the pace of the business.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and take feedback well, knowing how to ask the right questions to mine for understanding in order to keep projects moving.
- You are highly organised and communicate well with stakeholders and project management on project progress.
- You bring a sense of humour, high energy, and passion for the plant-powered future we’re building.
- Be part of a fast growing organisation built to shape the future of food
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, 24 days holiday, pension plan and stock options from day one
- Career development plan & personal training budget
- Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings (!)
- Be part of a business with purpose, using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
- Join an energetic, passionate team of mission-driven people who’ll stretch and challenge you