Founded in 2016 by food-lovers and serial entrepreneurs JP and Alex, allplants is an award-winning planet-positive food brand, and VC-backed B-Corp with approx. 60 employees on a mission to build Earth’s most forward-thinking food company - operating out of Seven Sisters, London.
We’re passionate about inspiring a more plant-based future. The way we eat has an enormous impact on our health and the health of our planet. So we keep it delicious, while creating an exciting balance of healthy, convenient, more sustainable food choices. That takes teamwork, empathy, smarts, creativity, confidence and boundless positive energy.
Today allplants’ range of chef-prepared meals are imaginatively tasty and nutritionally balanced with 100% natural plant-based ingredients - from our creamy Cashew Mac to our rich and spicy Jerk Jackfruit every dish is handmade with love. Eating plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint, so our mission is to inspire the next billion plant-powered people, using flavour and convenience. We’ve already served over 500,000 meals to homes all over the UK, subscribing for an easier way to enjoy plant-based living.
Our plans for 2019 and beyond are bold, delicious and daring - with big growth plans involving both new products and new markets. To achieve our growth ambition of inspiring the next billion plant-powered people we are expanding our teams at pace, whilst also putting in place the foundations of a deeply mission driven and customer-led culture.
This is an opportunity to help shape one of the UK’s most exciting and popular new brands as it goes from scrappy startup to household name. We’re ready to truly transform food and have some fun while we’re at it. This Full-Stack Software Engineer position is a new role in our relatively young but fast-growing engineering team, and as such you will be working across our technology stack on a broad variety of projects, creating and scaling the systems that power allplants.
You will report into our Lead Engineer, Barney Jackson, and will play a huge part in defining our engineering culture at this early stage. You will work alongside other Full-Stack Engineers in our growing internal team, as well as with a number of external agencies. You will have ownership of your projects and coordinate closely with stakeholders in other teams such as Data Analysis, Customer Delight, Marketing and Operations. The role is full time and based in London.
what you’ll do.
The scope & main responsibilities of this role are detailed below. This isn’t fully exhaustive but covers the main elements of first 6-12 months.
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast, you’ll be a great fit here if you are:
- Experience building software at a startup or larger business, or the fundamentals and appetite from an amazing code bootcamp, or a solid portfolio of self-teaching and side projects
- The desire to be in an earlier stage team with broader involvement to shape things - and doing something to make our world a better place
- Curiosity. You love to learn new languages and frameworks at pace, testing and sharing new ideas
- A commitment to completion. A track record of making things happen and driving results. You’ve probably launched your own projects or startups in the past
- You have used a variety of tools, solutions and integrations for gathering metrics, gaining insights, enriching user experience, adding functionality, streamlining processes, and monitoring performance
- A proactive and “can-do” attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously
- You know how to take risks, make mistakes and learn from them, move fast and boldly lead a team
- You are highly organised. You have a natural desire to keep things up-to-date, write to-do lists, create tracker documents to ensure nothing gets missed and all happens on time
- You bring a sense of humour, high energy, and passion for the plant-powered future we’re building
- Be part of a fast growing organisation built to shape the future of food
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, 24 days holiday, pension plan and stock options from day one
- Career development plan & personal training budget
- Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings (!)
- Be part of a business with purpose, using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
- Join an energetic, passionate team of mission-driven people who’ll stretch and challenge you