Founded on a mission to rapidly improve the health of people and planet, allplants is an award-winning, privately-owned food start-up and b-corp encouraging people to fall in love with food made from plants.
Eating more plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint. It can also reduce your risk of heart disease, improve digestion and naturally lead you towards your 5-a-day. To make it quick and easy to try, even 1 day a week, allplants launched with ready-to-eat meals delivered to your door. Before going global, they intend to take a multi-channel approach to become the UK's choice food brand delivering a better future for people and planet. In 5 years time, allplants will exist across a variety of on and offline channels from retail to restaurants, catering to eComm.
To achieve our growth ambition we’re expanding our existing teams at pace, whilst also putting in place the foundations of a strong customer-led highly engaged culture.
This is an opportunity to shape one of the UK’s most exciting and popular new brands as it goes from scrappy startup to household name. We’re ready to truly transform food and have some fun while we’re at it. To do so, our digital product needs to be elegant, exciting, relatable and easy to use.
You will be the first Product Designer to join the allplants team, working with the founders, creative, marketing and engineering teams to shape the experience of our digital product. You will be an insight-led problem solver with killer intuition, driving the design process from user research and wireframes through to live.
The role reports into our Head of Digital Product, Laurel - and you’ll be helping build up a culture around design thinking and user-centred design principles in a cross-disciplinary product team.
what you’ll do.
The scope & main responsibilities of this role are detailed below. This isn’t fully exhaustive but covers the main elements of first 6-12 months.
Cross-disciplinary product team
- Use company goals and existing data points to help scope out opportunities for improvement of our digital product
- Work with the team to prioritise and plan discovery efforts
- Write interview scripts and lead user research sessions
- Design early stage prototypes to test out with users
- Lead research synthesis and pull out learnings and insights
- Take the insights we gather and feed that into UX/UI improvements and new features for the allplants website, as well as other design artefacts we use, such as user personas
- Turn validated low fidelity prototypes into beautiful high fidelity solutions, work with the product management team to turn into prioritised user stories, and work with the engineering team to get live
- Create a map of our existing system
Brand and stories experience
- Work closely with our Creative team to create useful, interesting content for people looking to learn more about plant-powered lifestyles - making this a seamless part of the UX
Marketing design sidekick
- Working with key Marketing leads to identify, design and test improvements across all elements of our digital experience (from Referrals, to SEO, SEM landing pages, to flash campaign pages and new product launches)
Team and culture
- Our product team will grow as allplants grows. As a founding team member for the design discipline, this means you will be helping hire and onboard new team members, as well as contributing to a design practice within the organisation
- As our first digital product designer you should naturally be inclined to mentor the team in user-centred principles and user research practices
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast, you’ll be a great fit here if you are:
- You have designed applications that solve real user problems, and you can walk us through a portfolio with beautiful examples of your solutions
- You have experience leading user research, all the way from planning through to synthesis
- You are able to identify the right fidelity of a solution to test depending on the situation
- You have a passion for solving user problems and helping the team succeed
- You don’t treat design artefacts as precious, you seek out and incorporate feedback frequently
- You are comfortable working with ambiguity, and you’re able to identify assumptions
- You are at your best when you’re a part of a team
- You enjoy designing and running workshops to help move the team forward
- You are passionate and can teach others about user-centered and lean principles
- You don’t know everything, but you bring a curious spirit and are excited to learn
- You bring a sense of humour, high energy, and passion for the plant-powered future we’re building
- Be part of a fast growing organisation built to shape the future of food
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, 24 days holiday, pension plan and stock options from day one
- Career development plan & personal training budget
- Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings (!)
- Be part of a business with purpose, using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
- Join an energetic, passionate team of mission-driven people who’ll stretch and challenge you