Are you passionate about the intersection of technology and mobility as much as we are? Then we would like to know you!
We are Futurepath, a company created to bring together the brightest tech talent, fully dedicated to staffing one of the largest and most exciting IT transformation projects that has ever existed. You will shape tomorrow’s mobility as a part of CARIAD, a subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group, focussing towards developing software and hardware as a unified point across the Group's vehicle digital ecosystems. With Volkswagen you will influence true German engineering heritage.
Join some of the most talented digital minds in the sector and partake in the creative playground building the leading tech stack in the automotive industry.
Presently we are hiring a Freelance - AI Model Engineer to (m/f/d) to develop a Computer Vision perceptiion stack at CARIAD. As an AI Model Engineer you will design, implement, optimize and deploy deep learning models that advance the state of the art in perception for ADAS and autonomous driving.
- Keeping track of state-of-the-art deep learning approaches and extending them towards applicability within autonomous driving
- Optimizing and training deep learning models on a compute cluster to perform visual perception tasks on automotive embedded devices
- Optimizing deep learning approaches in one or all of the following areas:object detection/classification/re-identification, segmentation, distance estimation, tracking, multi-task / self-supervised learning, spatio-temporal fusion
- Analyzing / testing deep learning models for safety-critical applications
- Writing production level code to integrate with our existing deep learning tools and pipelines
- Strong understanding of the under-the-hood fundamentals of deep learning (architectures, layer details, optimization algorithms, etc).
- The ability to read and implement related academic literature is an important must-have
- Significant hands-on experience with training, analyzing and iteratively refining deep neural networks
- Strong knowledge of a modern deep learning framework such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Substantial software engineering capabilities, in particular in Python, including debugging and profiling; additional experience with C++ is a plus
- Preferred: experience in agile software development processes, especially Scrum
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, then don’t hesitate to get in touch below!
Our tech-centered hiring process puts your interests and talents first to find the fitting role and team. It is solely based on merit, qualification and business needs. It does not discriminate against gender, race or religion. Everyone is welcome to apply!